Corporate HR Manager at DTDC
Views:5416 Applications:375 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
DTDC - Project Manager - Corporate Finance & Accounts Vertical - IIM/IIT/NIT/BITS/FMS/NMIMS (5-10 yrs)
DTDC - Project Manager - Corporate Finance & Accounts Vertical (FP &A) - IIM/IIT/NIT/BITS/FMS/NMIMS
Job description for the role of Project Manager (Corporate F&A) :
About DTDC Express Ltd. :
DTDC Express Limited is India's leading express parcel service provider. DTDC is the pioneer of the franchising concept in the industry and operates one of the largest parcel delivery network in India. Through its strategic partnership with Europe's DPD group which is backed by Le Groupe La Poste - the French Postal organization, DTDC's global network and reach offers end-to-end solutions for parcels with diversified offerings such as Express Domestic & International, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Warehousing, E-commerce, E-Fulfilment and Cross-Border Solutions. DTDC's expansive footprint spans across USA, UK, Canada, UAE, Australia, China, Singapore and major Asian countries, through its own operations, joint ventures and business associates.
Established in 1990 and headquartered at Bengaluru, DTDC engages a field workforce of more than 35000 resources with 7 Zonal offices, 20 strategically located Regional Offices and over 522 operating facilities spread across India. DTDC Express Limited has its presence in more than 500 district headquarters through its large network of more than 10,500+ franchisees and extends services to over 10,000+ Pin codes while handling more than 12 million shipments every month. DTDC Express Limited is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified by DNV. DTDC's market leadership is further validated by several awards and recognition from customers, superior brand experience, and sustainability which include recognition as - National Award for Exemplary Position- under Express/Courier category at CII Scale Awards 2016.
Job Description for Project Manager (Corporate F&A) :
Express and Logistics Industry in India is going through a rapid change, and to adapt to the changes and further strengthen its position as the most preferred courier service, DTDC is going through a transformation that will allow it to become even better, smarter, and faster. In our Industry, the transformation is largely composed of technological advancement, and therefore, we need smart, solution-oriented, and hardworking Project Managers to help us reach our goals.
Key Purpose of the Job (Position Summary) :
- Finance Director and the F&A team drives projects within F&A and across functions at Organisation level.
- There is a need for a person to manage projects and drive them to completion. This is an extension and higher level of the PMO role.
- In PMO role; the person helps create a plan, monitors progress, reports and escalates as required.
- This role would perform all of the above roles and also participate in execution areas (not always) if necessary when things fall through the crack. This role requires a driven individual who can get results, find solutions and make a difference to the organization.
- Significant potential for a right individual to lead other departments and drive projects
- Key Result Areas
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of the following activities
Responsible for the following activities :
- Project management, manage multiple projects, help create plans with milestones and timelines, monitor progress, report on status and escalate as required.
- Create document templates, record requirements through teams part of projects, disseminate the knowledge of this ability
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and familiarity with accounting processes and flows.
- Prioritise requirements and focus on projects that add most value, run a structure process for this purpose
- Interact with other functions on cross functional projects
- Drive diverse team members across the functions
- Push for execution, step in where necessary
- Knowledge of F&A systems, processes and implementing value added projects
- Participate in projects from other functions as F&A representative
- Help create and train teams on documentation of projects, policies etc
Key Functions & Responsibilities :
Primary tasks & responsibilities that are specific to this position. This is an estimate of percent of work time spent on each - over the span of the year (it should not exceed 100%)
Strategic - 20%
Key Skills/Experience Required :
- A big plus if there is experience in an F&A role earlier.
- PMO qualification/training in project management and execution is preferred but not mandatory
- Understanding processes and automating them
- High degree of process orientation, ability to suggest and build processes in, implement governance and compliance
- Ability to think out of the box and produce results with available resources
Key Challenges of the Job :
- Key issues and challenges faced on the job which would require superior performance to overcome. Include industry, business or market challenges, challenges arising from the competitive and regulatory environment, social or environmental challenges, geography related, occupational hazards etc.
- Manage teams and team members with different levels of sophistication, capability, and qualification
Skills required :
- Graduate from a Tier 1 engineering college. MBA not required, but desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with relevant business and team leadership skills
- Qualifications : Professional qualification preferably in F&A or full time MBA from a premier institution
- Professional skills : Project management tools and processes. Strong Communication Skills, delegation, manage peers, cross-functional teams.
- Desired attitudes or behavior (competencies) : Self-Driven, Creative and passionate, Should have the problem-solving ability
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
Compensation : CTC will be in the range of 13-18 Lakhs per annum based on the suitability of the candidate
Location : Bangalore