Corporate HR Manager at DTDC
Views:10616 Applications:829 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:104
DTDC - Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (5-10 yrs)
About DTDC Express Ltd. :
DTDC Express Limited is India's leading express parcel service provider. DTDC is the pioneer of the franchising concept in the industry and operates one of the largest parcel delivery network in India. Through its strategic partnership with Europe's DPD group which is backed by Le Groupe La Poste - the French Postal organization, DTDC's global network and reach offers end-to-end solutions for parcels with diversified offerings such as Express Domestic & International, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Warehousing, E-commerce, E-Fulfilment and Cross-Border Solutions. DTDC's expansive footprint spans across USA, UK, Canada, UAE, Australia, China, Singapore and major Asian countries, through its own operations, joint ventures and business associates.
Established in 1990 and headquartered at Bengaluru, DTDC engages a field workforce of more than 35000 resources with 7 Zonal offices, 20 strategically located Regional Offices and over 522 operating facilities spread across India. DTDC Express Limited has its presence in more than 500 district headquarters through its large network of more than 10,500+ franchisees and extends services to over 10,000+ Pin codes while handling more than 12 million shipments every month. DTDC Express Limited is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified by DNV. DTDC's market leadership is further validated by several awards and recognition from customers, superior brand experience, and sustainability which include recognition as - National Award for Exemplary Position- under Express/Courier category at CII Scale Awards 2016.
Job Description for Project Manager (Corporate F&A) :
The role should be able to manage all FP&A activities and Finance projects with limited oversight. The activities would include closure of budgeting and forecasting activities, decision support, timely & accurate and actionable performance reporting to the management. For all financial projects, the person helps create a plan, monitors progress, reports and escalates as required. This role requires a driven individual who can get results, find solutions and make a difference to the organisation. Should be able to interact with business team & external business partner.
Key Result Areas :
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the following activities
Responsible for the following activities :
Planning & Forecasting :
- Co-ordinate budgeting activities with various stakeholders & cross functional teams.
- Create a rolling forecast calendar and reviews. Make the company ready and ensure information is available for market facing activities.
- Preparation and automation of budgeting and reporting process
Decision support :
- Support business in maintaining a profitable portfolio mix of products.
- Profitability evaluation for each business proposal.
- Help evaluate commercials of large contracts
Reporting - Variances and Analytics :
- Preparation of Monthly financial and Ops Reports
- Review & report monthly (eventually weekly) performance of the business with financial & non-financial KPI's.
- Analytics and conclusions for performance variance, inputs for cost savings
- Actual vs. Plan and Month on month, Quarter on Quarter on Quarter Analysis at India & branch level
- Monthly MIS deck & KPI monitoring.
- Produce weekly & monthly MIS
- Any other Adhoc reporting.
Project Management :
- Manage multiple projects, help create plans with milestones and timelines, monitor progress, report on status and escalate as required.
- Create document templates, record requirements/URS through teams part of projects, disseminate the knowledge of this ability
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and familiarity with accounting processes and flows.
- Prioritise requirements and focus on projects that add most value, run a structure process for this purpose
- Interact with other functions on cross functional projects
- Knowledge of F&A systems, processes and implementing value added projects
- Participate in projects from other functions as F&A representative
- Ensure that reporting requirements of business are met with new system & applications. The activity would involve
- Co-ordinate with IT & Business team and agreement on methodology & reports logic between various stakeholders.
- Prepare reporting calendar & reduce TAT for all usual reports
- Financial Modelling
Skills required :
- Qualified CA, ICWAI. MBA not required, but desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with relevant business and team leadership skills
Professional finance/accounting qualification :
- Knowledge and experience of finance and accounting, specifically in areas Financial Planning & Analysis.
- High degree of process orientation, ability to build process out of chaos i.e. adaptability to an accelerating business and startup mindset.
- Financial modelling
- Ability to think out of the box and produce results with available resources
- Good at designing and maintaining control process relevant to finance
Key Challenges of the Job :
1) High volume of transactions.
2) System and related outputs and consistency of those. Limited support from the system
3) Transaction nature of the business
4) Manage nationally distributed set up.
5) Understand business complexity.
6) Limited knowledge of financial parameters in the business
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
Compensation : CTC will be in the range of 11-14 Lakhs per annum based on the suitability of the candidate
Location : Bangalore