Corporate HR Manager at DTDC
Views:2115 Applications:397 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
DTDC - Manager - Business Development (5-9 yrs)
Job Title : Business Development Manager
Function : DTDC 3PL and Fulfilment Limited.
Reporting : Sales/ BD Head
Experience : 5-9 Years
Location : New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore and Chennai.
Job Summary :
- Identify new business opportunities and through developing existing and new business accounts. Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company. Undertake new business sales calls to win new business.
- Develop financial supporting data and process data to potential and existing business wins. Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined in the local sales KPIs.
- Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is planned in advance.
- Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for warehousing & fulfilment services
- Maintain all account and new business approaches and outcomes in CRM.
- Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
- Coordinate and follow and follow up cross-selling activities within the department.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and express team
- Focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
- Develop and maintain Cappex procedures as per policy for RFQ and new business submissions.
- Work with logistics engineers in development of Resources Planning.
- Undertake regional presentations for the Contract Logistics Division, as and when called upon
- Undertake cross selling and up selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential for courier, express, surface transport and Integrated logistics
- Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined vertical group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company's short and long term results & targets.
- Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as Strategic Accounts
- Develop SOPs for strategic accounts in association with Site Manager, Operations Manager, IT
- Manager and associates internal colleagues where applicable, to detail all processes, rate structure, capturing of customer identified KPIs.
- Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Contract logistics, SCM, Warehousing, E-Commerce Warehousing Sales. Strong Product knowledge of Warehousing and Transportation Services.
- Team Player
- Ability to comprehend general strategy, guidelines & implement the same.
- Should have experience in client acquisition/ client development.
- Good computer skills, especially in using spread sheets, ability to use enterprise resource planning (ERP software) having facility of- logistics- / supply chain.
- Should have smart presentation skills, good analytical & logical ability.
- Ability to- work- with cross-functional teams.
- Should be enthusiastic to learn and a smart worker.
Skills/competencies required :
- Business Professional
- Skills to be used in front of the customers
- Confidence in undertaking presentations to vast number of people
- Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
- Proven Negotiation Skills complied with the ability to close business wins
- Customer oriented & team player
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and some other PC applications
- Able to work under pressure where needed
- Able to travel across the region
- Good time management techniques
- Good understanding of financial planning
- Excellent reporting abilities
UG : Preferably an Engineering or BBA, Any Graduate
PG : MBA (preferred)
Compensation Levels : 10.00 Lacs - 12.00 Lacs