DGM - HR at DS Group
Views:2182 Applications:642 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:525
DS Group - General Manager - Demand Planning (15-20 yrs)
The purpose of this role is to plans and execute FG distribution across India from 14 Manufacturing plants to Depot and Distributers. It acts as an interface between Demand Planning and Manufacturing. Responsible for planning FG dispatches while minimizing finished goods inventory, reducing overall costs and stock outs.
- Planning and consolidation of finished goods requirements at depots and manufacturing plants. Preparation of dispatch plans from Manufacturing units to depots and from depot to distributers
- Responsible for selection of a right mode of transportation for the movement of goods, ensuring safety, timely delivery and cost optimizations. (Monitoring of budget VS actual freight).
- To coordinate with various departments (sales, production, purchase, depots) for finished goods material movement to ensure no stock out at depot and distributers.
- Co-ordinate with finance department to check the status of payments and work closely with sales team for credit repayment to ensure smooth dispatches.
- Incumbent will be responsible for coordination and control of the order cycle. He will be expected to monitor quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- He will be required to display excellent customer service skills and must have ability to source suppliers and negotiate rates that are favorable and in line with the company's budget and targets
- Should have excellent knowledge of logistic movement (Primary & Secondary), Transportation matrix to improve service levels
- As a key management team member, the Distribution Head will also be required to implement the company's strategic plan as well as contribute to and be involved in the evaluation and analysis of the business objectives.
- Prepare and control SCM budget ensuring cost optimization, while maintaining the required service levels.
- Preparation of various MIS report for FG distribution.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B Tech + MBA in in Operations / Manufacturing Management.
- 15-20 years of experience in distribution planning and logistics in FMCG/Personal Care/ Pharmaceuticals
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills.
- Ability to perform analysis and prepare / present information.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Have deeper knowledge of various analytical tools & Implementation process
- Must be willing to work in highly competitive environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.