DPSGS - CEO/Director - Education (15-20 yrs)
Key Responsibility Areas
Responsible for all non-academic / administrative matters in the school, including but not limited to:
- Maintain links with business, government and community leaders
- Lead and administer programs that fulfils Social responsibility and reflect a positive image for the school
- Build a community support and recognition for the institution
- Ensure strong links between school and community
Community involvement :
- Establish a campus culture that fosters responsiveness to community needs and positive relations with the public and community groups.
- Actively seek and foster professional relationships with education, government, business, and other community leaders
- Participate in community events and service organizations
- Encourage partnership programs with local and international institutions
- Ensure a comprehensive program of community services and events
- Establish and monitor programs for public use of and participation in school facilities, programs, services, and events
- Alumni being the Brand Ambassadors engaging with Alumni of the school is critical.
- Planning, organizing events for alumni connects, extend recognition and seek support, both academic and financial for introducing scholarships for the needy students on merit base.
Marketing and media relations :
- Establish and administer comprehensive public relations operations
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of communication to public
- Undertake Brand building and Public relations and marketing efforts
Fiscal Affairs :
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Understand and manage the school budgets. Ensure desired efficiency at all levels.
- Accounting Practices
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation
- Tendering, Purchase, Costing, Negotiations, Outsourcing, Writing Contracts, Agreements
- Fee fixation and scholarships
- Identify potential resources for generating admissions for the school
- Organise events with local resident bodies to promote the school
- Ensure consistent and continuing growth of school admissions.
Facility management :
- Ensure the building and premises are safe and secure at all times
- Ensure cleanliness and proper functioning of all assets within the campus
- All AMCs to be current and repair / service / maintenance of all machinery and fittings to be up to date for smooth functioning
- All vehicles to be in good working order and as per permit conditions
- All necessary permits to be current, insurance policies should be active and all insurance claims to be settled in our favour
- Student transport to be maintained as per Government standards
- All repair and maintenance bills to be accurate
- Facilitate smooth delivery of fuel
- Ensure revenue is realised in time
- Reroute vehicles to maximise occupancy and profitability while keeping travel time within reasonable limits
- Have knowledge about the legal obligations and applicable laws.
- Legal Compliances - Know & Understand the central or state applicable laws including labor laws, Government & local administration orders, RTE, RTI, Anti-Ragging & Corporal Punishment.
- Affiliation, Authorization by Examining Boards: CBSE, CISCE, Affiliating Board policies.
- Safety and Security - ensure infrastructural & procedural compliances. Control Bullying and Ragging. Ensure Student & Staff safety in all circumstances.
- Maintain records and legal documents.
- Should execute on the district / state level with the support of the central legal team
Human Resources :
- Ensure that personnel recruitment and hiring processes are fair, legal and comply with laws
- Ensure that staff are well informed about the rules and regulations and code of conduct
- Professional Development & Empowerment- Expose teachers & Staff to opportunities of professional development.
- People Dynamics- Identify and nurture leaders from within. Support, guide, supervise and empower.
- Employee friendly practices - Optimize performance and output. Get the best out of their competencies, skills and expertise. Build incentives, rewards and recognition.
- Organizational Behavior - Observe, modify, align with the school goals and desired student profile.
- Ensure people are gainfully employed. Surplus or underloaded staff is always a source of trouble and avoidable expense.
Liasoning with local administrations for :
- Property related matters
- Local Development Authority
- Legal and Statutory matters
IT Infrastructure :
- To ensure that the integrity of the ICT infrastructure is maintained.
- Identify, plan and cost all future developments and upgrades of the ICT infrastructure
- Arrange annual inspection and safety testing of computer equipment
Support Services :
- Understand well the material needs; quantitative and qualitative.
- Vendor Management - Be fully conversant with procedures for hiring of services and enforcing contracts in following and more areas;
- Transport, Uniform Vendors, Books, Journals and Newspapers for Library, Security and House Keeping Staff, Mess and Canteen.
- Campus Management, Waste Management, Medical Services, Maintenance of Computers, Photocopying machines, Fax Machines, Generator, EPBX System etc., Internet Services
- Utilities Management - Manage Utilities, Power, Electrical fittings, school electric, electronic and other equipment, Safe Water, HVAC, Firefighting, etc.
Crisis Management :
- Understand what crisis is; types of Crisis in an institution, what causes crisis, how to manage crisis. Contingent plans to handle natural and man-made disasters. Evacuation plans in case of earthquakes or fires. Design response policies and practices; Conduct mock drills.
- Medical Emergencies; Given the school size, the number of students and staff, build your medical support systems. Create contingency plans for dealing with medical emergencies.
Event Management :
- Detailed planning, optimum utilization of resources and effective execution of events.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.