Disprz - Junior/Senior Product Manager (5-15 yrs)
Disprz is awarded as the #1 E-Learning Company by the Govt of India through
- Aatmnanirbhar Bharat- Most Innovative App in India.
- Disprz is a venture funded Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) large start-up in the very exciting
- Learning-tech space. Disprz solves the skilling problem of companies through a technology led approach that marries cutting-edge thinking on learning & career development with the digital state-of-the-art. Disprz is disrupting the learning-tech market by offering not just a SaaS platform but an entire AI and cloud-led solution that combines learning strategy, learning design and digital learning adoption.
Disprz is founded by Subbu and Kuljit, alums of ISB (Class of 2007).
Disprz is a global company serving over 800,000 employees in over 8 countries. Headquartered in Mumbai, which also houses the sales and marketing team, its technology ffices are in Chennai. Disprz also has satellite sales offices in New Jersey, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bangkok, taking the total headcount to about 90, which is expected to reach 150 by the end of 2021.
About the AI Product Manager Role :
- Disprz is looking for an AI Product Manager to lead the product development of not just its AI-powered suite of products, but to lead its transformation into an AI-first company. The role will involve bringing AI capability into its current products as well as conceiving and building AI-first products from the ground up.
- As an AI Product Manager, you will be adept at digital product management but also understand the nitty-gritty of data science including machine learning. You will be at the intersection of 4 key stakeholders, Founders (who are the product owners), Customers, Engineering Team and Data Science Team.
- This role will involve the ability to think strategically as well as the ability to have a strong execution mindset. Creativity and ability to experiment will come in very handy. We would strongly recommend a good grounding on data science as that will enable you to be at the top of your game in this role.
- AI Product Manager is a very new role in the tech industry, about which you can read here. We strongly encourage women candidates to apply - our current Digital Product Manager is a woman and we want to make our product team very diverse and inclusive.
Responsibilities (not exhaustive) :
- Act as the custodian of the AI product portfolio which includes active projects in production, projects in development and medium-term bold ideas. This means you will:
- Work with founders, product team and data science team to define the problems to solve with AI
- Develop hypotheses on where AI can lead to disruptive product and customer impact, with KPIs
- Help prioritize and rank the solutions by developing business cases.
- Actively lead the development of AI-led projects, which means you will:
- Develop product wireframes, functional specifications and storyboards
- Work with engineering teams to translate functional specifications into engineering specifications
- Outline the data strategy for each AI project including performing gap analysis on existing data, identifying new data sources and designing additional customer interaction points for data collection
- Work with data science teams to test, refine and deploy ML / deep learning models into production
- Ensure the company stays at the cutting-edge of the AI / ML revolution:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in machine learning, particularly deep learning and generative AI technologies
- Constantly research for innovations applications of AI / ML in workplace learning
The Ideal Candidate :
- Engineering degree from a top school with a strong academic record in quantitative sciences
- Business school specialisation in Data Science or Analytics
- Completed at least 1 AI / ML specialisation in Coursera / edX
- Minimum 5 years- experience in technology
- At least 2 years in a product management role or a role that involved you making strategic decisions for a product
- Delivered at least 1 machine learning model to production (even hobby projects would do)
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum-based development methodologies
- Abilities and Traits
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to convey a deep technical topic (like a deep learning model) to a non-technical audience
- Good project management skills, especially around multi-functional stakeholder management
- Creativity and temerity to try bold, new ideas
- Ability to influence a team without being a direct manager
Location : Chennai/Mumbai