Director at Directosys
Views:2485 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Directosys - GM - Business Unit Head - Aerospace Industry (15-25 yrs)
- Reporting to President Aerospace
- Business Unit head for operation.
- Having experience in aerospace industries will be preferable.
Overall Position Scope:
Provide hands-on Leadership to define and execute the Aerostructures Assemblies business strategy.
The role has overall responsibility for customer engagement, Business Development, production, planning, quality, procurement and engineering including the advancement of process excellence across all the functions.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy to operationalize production management techniques so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and schedules.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Implement continuous improvement measures so as to increase productivity and bring about operational efficiency.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Responsible for P&L performance of AAIPL.
- Drive and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Responsible for maintaining employee morale and safety by creating an efficient and safe working environment.
- Identify, initiate & execute technical projects, programs and plans which lead to improved processes and products, reduced costs and increased output.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering in selection of machinery and equipment for new orders and in ROI analysis.
- Effective Manpower planning & utilization in partnership with Human Resources Department.
- Effective Project Management skills to incubate and manage new projects in line with operational standards and compliance as applicable to the SEZ.
- Experience & knowledge of managing manufacturing cells like machining, sheet metal parts, tooling, forging etc. to accomplish the vision of a complete aerospace eco system in manufacturing is desirable.
- Proven record of stable performance in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent leadership skills directed across the organization.
- Strong Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Good knowledge of current Quality (Lean, Six Sigma etc.) and productivity practices.
- Self-motivated, and energetic with exceptional work ethics.
- Alignment with Aequs core values.
- Firm and methodical in approach.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project management and management of schedules and budgets to deliver on commitments.
- Should have handled a sizable team (200+) in Manufacturing environment and delivering the result.
- In depth knowledge of machining aero structural assemblies, sheet metal parts.
- P&L experience
- Knowledge of Aerospace processes will be a definite advantage.
Indicative Years of Experience :
- 15- 22 Years of experience in Aerospace Manufacturing and Engineering.
- At least 8 - 10 years experience in managerial role.
- Graduation/Post graduation in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institute
- Post-graduation or PG Diploma in manufacturing engineering / design and development.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.