Director/Vice President - Quality Assurance - IT (12-18 yrs)
Director/VP- QA (Leadership Role)
Engineering Team - Gurugram, Haryana, India - Full-time
As our Leader - QA, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our products. Working with a highly motivated team, you will help build the most successful gaming platform for the web and the mobile, hosting games played by millions. You will maintain overall quality and ensure that users have an absolutely enjoyable experience. You will be responsible to innovate, implement and scale up our QA capabilities, ensuring we keep up with our tremendous growth.
- Ensure products are well tested in different environments using available methodologies and practices before they are signed off for release.
- Utilize test automation capabilities by identifying use cases to automate, create action plans, drive technology choices and implementation, build and manage test automation framework, and provide visibility to test automation results across the organization.
- Provide guidance and best practices on load testing, benchmarking, and performance testing across products.
- Recommend and utilize tools, frameworks, methodologies, and practices to improve all aspects of testing.
- Drive improvements in testing processes. Document and review processes and train the team to ensure a superior Quality process.
- Lead and grow the Quality Assurance team into an effective and respected division with both manual and automation engineers, identify new talent, and manage and retain talent.
- Lead QA organization and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations. Communicate and execute goals within timelines.
- Translate the company's overall vision into a series of objectives, laying down the roadmap to achieve the objectives and executing the resulting plan in a structured and time-bound manner.
- Institute best QA practices to deliver successful, innovative products.
- Work closely with the Engineering, Product, and other teams, and be involved in conceptualizing and building new products from scratch.
Strategic Responsibilities :
- To play a crucial role in the engineering leadership of the company.
- A key member of the company's senior management team, the AVP - QA will participate in the company's governance and policy formulation initiatives.
- To build and lead a team of brilliant and inspired technologists, and work tirelessly to promote and foster the company ethos in the technology team.
- Own the QA budget of the company. Provide upfront estimates of costs under various heads and keep track of spending so as to ensure the best ROI for the company on its technology investment.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Overall 12+ years' relevant experience, out of which at least 5+ years experience in consumer-facing software products with high levels of concurrency in gaming, real-time banking, or e-commerce.
- Experience working in hyper-growth environments and scaling operations.
- Extensive experience testing non-functional requirements such as security, reliability, performance, maintainability, and scalability.
- Good knowledge of and experience in QA automation and building and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Experience in load and performance testing software systems and products with high concurrency.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, containers, and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS). Should be comfortable working with Linux as an application server.
- Expertise in any database (e.g Oracle, MySql, SQL Server, No-SQL databases).
- Background in high-volume web applications, data mining, and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage QA teams, and the ability to lead, inspire and improve team members.
- Experience in implementing agile, kanban, or a similar software development methodology.
- Experience in supporting live production, cloud-based infrastructure, and the ability to help put out fires under pressure.