CEO & HR Consultant at HR Power
Views:1556 Applications:276 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:87
Director/Vice President - Finance - Social Commerce Startup - CA (10-18 yrs)
Director/Vice President - Finance
- The company is one of the fastest growing social commerce startup with presence in 20+ cities across Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Just started Bangalore too.
- The idea is to build an e-commerce platform for the masses, where the focus is to provide not just low prices and right assortment but also a fun-filled addictive shopping experience with vernacular browsing. Based on word of mouth virality, generated as a result of price value, ease of sharing and engaging shopping experience company is delivering 10K+ orders everyday across India.
- The company platform is serving as a launchpad to boost regional/local brands and manufacturers by increasing their geographical footprint making them competitive in markets dominated by larger players.
- Recently they closed a successful round of VC fundings.
- It is founded by ex-Microsoft/ Myntra/ Metro Cash & Carry - IIT/ IIM alumni passionate about building an inclusive e-commerce platform relevant across all social stratum. In this endeavor, we are backed by some marquee investors.
- They plan to reach 100 cities by 2021 and for this goal & are looking for equally passionate folks to join them.
Position : Director/VP - Finance
Location : Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Accurate and timely completion and publishing of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Drive key finance initiatives to improve performance and facilitate business growth
- Identify opportunities to improve cost structure
- Mentor team and groom for higher responsibilities
- Stakeholder Management - internal, investors and vendors
- Own the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage Cash-flow (Collections, Investments and Expenses)
- Coordinate and own preparation of regulatory reporting with local, state, and central government tax filings
- Coordinate with auditors / diligence teams to successfully close audits
Desired Qualification, Skills and Abilities :
- CA with 10+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in scaling up high growth start-up preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leadership role for minimum 2 years (Finance Controller, Director- Finance, GM - Finance or similar role)
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and accounting software such as Tally is a must
- Should have excellent, communication and leadership skills
- Highly data driven and analytical approach in problem solving
- Drive for excellence
- A hands-on approach to work as business partner
- Must have worked in a Startup & led the process of fund raising through' VCs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.