Recruitment Team at Allegis Group
Views:2326 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Director - Unified Communications - FMCG (10-15 yrs)
Our client is an MNC FMCG company headquartered in the USA. They are engaged in a multi-year IT transformation and the Infrastructure Delivery organization will be delivering Unified Communication Architecture and Engineering support for the transformational initiatives. The Director of Unified Communications (UC) will be accountable for defining global enterprise UC standards, solutions, patterns, and guidelines in conjunction with the global teams.
The Director, Unified Communications will report to the Sr Director of Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) lead. The resource will serve as a subject matter expert in the area of Unified Communications Services Portfolio including SIP Backbone, Voice Engineering, Video Conferencing Services/Meeting Solutions, Webcasting solutions, and Telecom Services. The resource will provide thought leadership, provide technical oversight, and ensure that UC solutions used by our client meet our client's requirements.
The Director of Unified Communications will work closely with the sector delivery leads, infrastructure engineers and SMEs, and IT engineers and architects. The recipient should demonstrate experience across key infrastructure domains including Network, Unified Communications, Security, Collaboration tools, Cloud and IT Service Management.
- Drive transformational initiatives to assist with modernization of the Voice\Video infrastructure to meet the demands of a modern workforce
- Responsible for leading a diverse team of Managers and Engineers that plan, implement and support the Unified Communications Services Portfolio including SIP Backbone, Voice Engineering, Video Conferencing Services, Webcast solutions, and Telecom Services
- This role will lead the creation, implementation/deployment and operational support of all underlying products and services for Unified Communications
- Driving the development, delivery, and refinement the Information Technology (IT) architectures
- Development, refinement, publishing, and socialization of patterns, policies, and guidelines, and technology standards
- Lead the architecture direction and design issues as well as influence peers, cross-functional partners, and IT leadership
- Author best practice and pattern documents for security solutions based on PepsiCo standards and Produce architecture and engineering specifications and design documents
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary.
- Effectively presenting facts and recommendations in oral and written form
Key Skills/Experience Required :
- Experience with Unified Communication, network, cloud, end-user and collaboration architectures.
- Experience with infrastructure, tools, process, methods, and fundamentals used to protect enterprise and large headquarters sites.
- Expert in architecting and engineering UC solutions.
- Solid technical aptitude, leadership, and customer-facing skills
- Proven ability in managing large UC infrastructure refreshes, consolidating and modernizing technology footprints, cloud integration and migration, and network traffic/capacity optimization.
- Ability to lead multiple internal and vendor teams effectively, manage deliverables and outcomes through multiple managed service providers.
- A minimum of 10-15 years as an architect or senior engineer, with a minimum of 10 years in IT Infrastructure services in UC architecture and engineering and/or Operations domains.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with a master's degree, preferred.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the following technologies (PBX - Cloud and On-Prem, Webcasting and Meeting Solutions, SIP, VoIP, and Call Center Environment)
- Experience working in a global environment with stakeholders across multiple geographies.
- Hire, scale and manage performance to drive employee development and maximize team retention
- Understanding of IT project budget management, planning, and forecasting.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Differentiating Competencies Required :
- Delivering Strategies and Roadmaps including Identifying technical win strategies from a business and technology perspective
- Assist in developing business cases for architectural solutions
- Experience - selling in- ideas to senior leadership
- Ensure the features, benefits, and architectural impact of technology are understood and valued
- Effectively highlight IT technological advantages and disadvantages from the customer's perspective
- Proven success driving business technology strategies that lead to product distinction
- Demonstrated current technology industry knowledge
- History of managing and leading cross-functional matrixed teams
- Success handling multiple large-scale technology initiatives concurrently