CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:215 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Director - Technology - WEb/Online Technologies - Education Sector - IIT/NIT/BITS (12-18 yrs)
Our Client is looking for a senior technical leader to build, manage and lead teams both in Bangalore, India and London. This position will report to Group Head of technology. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in building enterprise products, managing multiple teams and product lines with proven delivery.
Location: This role will based out of Bangalore
- Our Client is the world's leading media and events company in the higher education sector.
- A global presence (offices are located in eight countries and events held in 60 countries) and has a loyal 'blue-chip' client base consisting of business schools, universities and corporate employers.
- A multi-cultural organization, with more than 25 languages spoken by our team members. Our Client is known for entrepreneurial spirit and actively encourage employees to initiate and develop ideas and share the rewards of our success. You should be comfortable with the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Lead the conceptualization, research and direction of the overall technology and architecture across the products. Mean/LAMP and SAAS experience a must
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on time and with quality. Create and manage the Agile development process for the teams
- Build and manage a top class engineering team. Bangalore team is in very nascent stage. This role is expected to quickly build a world class team.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both the team members and the project peers/SMEs/Users
- Engineering/product development oversight, in addition to management and team oversight
- Ensure products meet design specifications, and adhere to standard coding and development practices
- Be at the heart of converting new concepts into product features by working closely with the development team
- Qualification: Computer Science or Engineering degree from a premier institute
- Work Experience:15+ Years of experience in product development
- Skill Set: Solid understanding of scalability, modularity and significant experience in developing complex scalable solutions. Should have proven experience in managing distributed teams and have demonstrable delivery and project management experience.
- Experience in developing and maintaining enterprise-scale solutions
- Past experience in web technology stacks like MEAN and/or LAMP is a must. Experience in Analytics is an added advantage
- Experience from working in an agile environment
- Have results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence.
Core Leadership competencies:
- A LEADER WHO INSPIRES - A leader whose language, imagery and use of story makes tomorrow comealive today.A leader whose passion to learn causes others to revisit their ownlearning habits. A leader who is personally inspired by the emerging challenge.
- TEAM BUILDER/TEAM PLAYER - Has a background of building high performance teams. Establishes trust quickly. Deals with team issues quickly. Is quick to confront game playing and other behaviour that holds the team back
- CONSTITUENCY BUILDER - Sensitive to the needs of others. Has an intuitive sense of who is important and how things get done by working with cross functional teams.
- HUNGRY FOR RESULTS - Relentless. Driven. Delivers. Understands the organization's value drivers.Brings focus where it is needed. Balances the short and long-term.