Director - Technology - US Healthcare (10-15 yrs)
Technology Roadmap :
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Offers technical support across practices in offering definition and positioning.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technology impacts throughout decision making process
- Analyze various technical solutions and recommend based on technical and financial merits
- Identify and investigate advanced technologies offering company significant technical and financial benefits
- Product Development and Delivery - Take ownership of defining technology strategy, end to end solution architecture, high level design of solutions with wide ranging technologies that include relevant healthcare technology off-the-shelf platforms/products for business functions
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Defines, communicates and enforces coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high-quality creation of the code.
- Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings.
- Assists in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
Possesses significant technical knowledge of:
- Complex database concepts and assists in establishing standards applied across project teams
- Various programming languages and assists in establishing standards applied across project teams
- Object Oriented concepts and assists in establishing standards applied across project teams
- Hands-on experience with SQL, entity modeling, and relational databases and star schema; Familiarity with Columnar databases
- Good Understanding of Big Data Technologies (HADOOP, Spark) and Cloud technologies (AWS / Azure)
- Strong experience in domain-driven design, UML, Architecture and Design Patterns
- Proficiency with SDLC methodologies including Agile, Iterative methodologies
- Strong Understanding of CMM or other Process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Achieves excellence in all areas of business.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
Client Management :
- Represent company's software development expertise in winning of new business along with sales team
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients.
Internal Operations :
- Reviews status reports of Technical Managers and Senior Technical Managers and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Enforces standard policies and procedures.
Healthcare Domain Knowledge :
- Functional understanding about US healthcare IT functionalities viz; HIPAA / HL7 / FHIR / ICD-CPT claims data / EDI etc.
- Strong knowledge about payer/health plans market
- Strong knowledge of healthcare workflows and business processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Master's degree in computer science or related field is preferred