Director - Technology - FinTech (10-15 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- In partnership with the company's founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company's services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, and telecommunications.
- Work in an agile environment to design and implement new features based on business requirements.
- Manage the software development team and deliver a high-quality product based on the business requirements.
- Help the team members in resolving difficult technical issues.
- Help with debugging any infrastructure and code related issues in the production environment.
- Provide estimates for development work.
What must you bring?
Required skills :
- Experienced IT professional with over 10+ years of experience in diverse technologies.
- Engineering undergrad from tier 1 school or other top tier academic credentials.
- Experience within the financial services / broking sector preferably working with a Fintech.
- Must be hands-on with writing code and highly capable to help team with any technical problems.
- Experience in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, designing, coding, testing, deployment and production support.
- Experience in integrating with APIs like eKYC, banking payment systems, brokerage APIs, market data APIs, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud infra, exposure of AWS or AZURE.
- Extensive experience in architecting both tech and cloud platforms.
- Execute the project using Agile methodology.
- Experience with or exposure to multi-tier website development using any programming (like java, C++, Python and Dotnet etc) and web technologies (like PHP, Js node etc).
- Hands on experience in developing applications in iOS, Android, Web, Windows.
- Hands on with Docker and other best practices.
- Must be familiar with advanced principles of object-oriented analysis, design and programming.
- Sound knowledge of relational databases, including schema design and advanced queries.
- Hands on experience with the technologies for Supporting stream logging (Kafka spark), storage (MySQL or cloud native), parsing/querying/searching (Logstash, Elastic Search, kibana), caching (Couchbase, aerospike or cloud-native), message queuing/pipelines (RabbitMQ, cloud-native), NodeJS, MongoDB, React JS etc.
- Understanding of React Vs Angular Vs Cordova.
- Understanding of any project management tools like JIRA or others.
- Developer ecosystem - IDE, code-repository, bug-tracking, release-tracking, CI/CD etc.
- Understanding of Whispering agent and chatbot exposure will be added advantage.