Senior Staffing Specialist at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:72 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Director - Systems & Data/Second Line Assurance - BFSI (8-12 yrs)
The Director, Second Line Assurance (2LA) is responsible for leading and executing risk-based Assurance Reviews in accordance with the approved plan and 2LA Methodology focusing on Systems and Data Risks related reviews. Act as the Systems and Data Risks Subject Matter Expert within 2LA, responsible to continuously engage the key stakeholders on regular basis and gather insights on core and emerging risks as inputs into the annual planning process.
- Collaborate with and support their Head of Assurance, directly contributing to the overall strategy of the function through the development of the 2LA Annual Plan ("the Plan").
- Responsible for ongoing engagement with stakeholders and continuous monitoring of business / functions assigned by the HoA from time to time, especially on systems and data risks related matters.
- Responsible to co-ordinate, lead quality review execution and timely delivery of the Plan as required.
- Support their Head of Assurance, demonstrating knowledge and capability to stakeholders in the delivery of the Plan for their area of responsibility.
- Contribute to any development of the 2LA Methodology ("the Methodology") as necessary; ensure that approved changes to the Methodology are communicated and cascaded to the team.
- Proactively identify and communicate emerging risks as input to any periodic risk-based review of the Plan that includes Non-Financial Risk types such as Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance (CFCC), Information and Cyber Security (ICS), and Operational and Technology Risks.
- When leading a Review, communicate outcomes from Assurance Review to relevant stakeholders and support them in developing mitigating actions to correct identified issues.
- Execute assigned review tasks within the designated business area; identify and record potential issues and ensure that these are formally evaluated according to the Methodology.
- Actively engage in the Review processes, taking every opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of SCB Business and the execution of Assurance while delivering their tasks.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) relevant to the execution of Assurance activities are communicated and cascaded to team members in their area of responsibility.
- Collect relevant information to develop risk-based assurance reviews to deliver consistency and efficiency across the consolidated plan; provide input to consolidated plan from external regulatory knowledge and subject matter expertise of systems and data.
- Analyse the relevant principal risk types and risk assessment for the assigned Review; and maintain constant engagement with the first, second and third-line stakeholders.
- Actively leading or managing 2LA reviews by providing hands-on planning, execution, and governance of reviews, to drive quality and consistency and timeliness as required by the 2LA Methodology.
- Managing all scoping and set up processes for assigned reviews and assign testing to members of the Revie team as required.
- Ensure that all workpapers and other documentation required for the assigned Reviews are completed timely, adhered to the quality standards required by the 2LA Methodology and captured in the Assurance system.
- Track issues throughout the issue lifecycle and provide periodic status update in the Assurance system and ensure the remediation of issues arising from assigned Reviews (and any other assigned task) is sustainable and validated before closure. In the event of a serious regulatory breach, or where risk tolerances
- have been breached, ensure their Head of Assurance is informed, and action is taken quickly to remediate - or related activities are ceased.
- Promote 2LA co-operation and partnership with auditors, regulators, peers and industry.
- Monitor quality standards for Review and take action to drive performance improvement where required.
- Capture and communicate insights arising from Review execution; actively engage in driving improvement of the Methodology.
- Drive skills management processes for managed staff, ensuring skills assessments are correctly completed and maintained.
- Ensure the timely release of Review team members to their next task; actively manage assigned resources to ensure that tasks are completed on schedule; and manage unexpected resource requirements.
People and Talent:
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a 'Here for good' culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Stimulate and environment where forward planning prioritisation, deadline management and streamline workflows and collaborative, inclusive effective work practices are the norm.
- Make recommendations to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and / or issues from assurance reviews; support them in the execution of mitigating actions.
- Adhere to the required standards of risk management for the management of all Assurance processes.
- Ensure that work delivered in their area of responsibility follows prescribed workflows and meets quality standards for the 2LA function with the required attention to detail and within the timelines set.
- Determine patterns and trends of identified issues across the relevant subject matter. Lead reviews, set appropriate corrective action to remediate, and report to appropriate governance forums.
- Swiftly escalate significant risks and issues arising from Assurance activities by notifying their Head of Assurance.
- Provide accurate, timely and insightful reporting on 2LA standards and operational performance as identified through oversight and assurance activities.
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Key stakeholders across the three lines of defence that are managing data risks and systems functionality from business / functions perspectives.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Second Line Assurance; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Auditing, Risk Management or Compliance / Financial Crime background required.
- Experience performing walkthroughs, strong understanding of risks and controls, risk assessments of the internal control environment, testing control design and performing substantive testing.
- Good working knowledge in data management risks (e.g. data quality, privacy, etc) and experience in performing review of systems functionality, considering both business requirements and technology risks and controls aspects.
- Previous audit or assurance experience with minimum of 8 - 10 years (or relevant compliance, operational risk or risk management reviews / testing).
- Strong analytical skills and controls assessment, confidence in interrogating data and in managing stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Takes responsibility, ownership and accountability for own tasks and work output.
- Demonstrate a risk-based approach to focus on key risks and sound judgements on matters that can be dealt with independently versus matters that require escalation.
- Relevant Profession Certification e.g. Certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CISA), International Compliance Association Diploma (ICA Dip AML), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) are a plus (optional).