Director at Global Headhunters
Views:6797 Applications:834 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Director - Supply Chain - FMCG (10-18 yrs)
Company: It's a Global MNC in FMCG Space having 2 manufacturing plants and a turnover of 4500 Cr in India. They have presence in both B2B and B2C space. They are looking for a Supply Chain Head for Mumbai / Bangalore Locations.
The Successful Applicant
- An ideal candidate should come with at least 15 years' experience, including 10-12 years in execution of supply chain and leadership role experience
- An MBA in Operations/Supply Chain degree a must for this role.
- The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential
- Also should have led a team of minimum 15 people.
- FMCG /FMCD is the most preferred industry
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to production centers. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure the firm is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Identify, create, and develop new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts and long term relationships
- Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.