Director - Software Engineering - Telecom (15-20 yrs)
Industry : Telecom / ISP
Category : IT & Systems
Skills : Director of Engineering
Job Type : Permanent
Job Description :
You'll have the opportunity to build sophisticated platform capabilities. In this role, you will build server-side systems that deliver new functionality within the larger Digital Platform. You would also be responsible to attract, hire, develop and lead a team of world-class engineers responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment of major components this Platform.
Client Details :
Our client is a leading provider of telecommunications and mobile money services, with a presence in 14 countries in Africa, primarily in East Africa and Central and West Africa. The company also offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice and data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. The Group aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
As Director of Software Engineering :
- You will attract, hire, develop and lead a team of world-class engineers responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment of major components of this Platform.
- You will also be responsible for refining the platform capabilities and accelerate the platform adoption.
- As a people manager, you will be responsible for helping shape people's careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
- As a technical leader, you will be hands-on architecting, designing and developing features with the team that moves our platform forward.
- You will create a path to scale for the team by helping them adopt world-class engineering methods and processes.
- You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- Fifteen or more years of experience developing software applications or services
- Five or more years of experience managing large engineering teams
- Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems that have 99.9% availability.
- Ability to prioritize multiple critical features and ensuring on-time deliver
- Drive velocity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best engineering excellence practices like DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development. An insightful understanding of the software design/architecture process is highly desirable.
- Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented engineers and technologists.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying authorship and pride in work.
Job Offer :
- Fast paced work environment
- Lead a Team
- Competitive Salary
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Mrinalini Marwah on +91 124 452 5417.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.