HR at I4 Consulting Services
Views:65 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Director - Software Engineering - Artificial Intelligence/Robotics Platform (7-10 yrs)
Director of Engineering- Artificial Intelligence/Robotics
- As a Director of engineering, you will have both strategic and technical responsibilities inside the company.
- You'll be responsible for the design and development of existing and future product offerings as well as continuously improving the overall architecture of the platform.
- You need to be able to communicate well, apply analytical and critical thinking, work with the leadership to help define the roadmap and work with engineers to design services/components and own the plan for execution.
- You'll lead, coach, and support the growth of our talented engineers and engineering management.
- We take pride in being hands-on at all levels of the company and are looking for a seasoned engineer who takes pride in his or her system architecture, code quality and product obsession.
- Design the architecture for new products and improve existing ones towards higher reliability and scalability.
- Work with the leadership and business teams to understand the short-term goals and long-term vision and align that with the engineering roadmap.
- Be the go-to person for all technical guidance and offer your expertise as the engineering team builds and adapts industry best practices.
- Own product features and drive all code quality-related metrics: modularity, scalability, test coverage, re-usability, etc.
- Build processes that enable our engineers to consistently deliver multiple concurrent projects, on time, with high quality using AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- Track and manage key KPIs to objectively assess engineering team's progress against our roadmap, calibrating as need be.
- Ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable SLA, and revenue impacting issues are addressed immediately.
- Recruit and retain diverse talent from a variety of engineering backgrounds to support our growth and strategic goals.
- Build and maintain a highly agile customer-centric culture within the engineering org.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of full-stack engineering and architecture experience, preferably in product companies.
- Experience in designing systems from scratch with significant systems and reliability goals. Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalability & performance.
- Undergraduate Computer Science or similar degree from IIT, BITS or top tier NITs or with relevant industry experience.
- Excellent Java skills with a deep understanding of its applicability to the cloud.
- Experience with AWS stack such as dynamodb, sqs, lambda, CloudFront, API gateway, and ec2/ecs.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies like ReactJs.
- Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting.
- Experience with leading teams.
- Exposure to Agile and Scrum methodologies for delivery and project management.
- Strong bias for action and hands-on leadership style, with a passion for solving hard problems.
- Knowledge of python, redshift, distributed computing.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exposure to security best practices, GDPR, SOC, ISO certifications.
- Exposure to deep learning and speech synthesis.
- Work experience in a startup environment.