Director - Service Engineering - SRE & DevOps (10-15 yrs)
Category - IT & Systems
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- Develop and lead a highly qualified service engineering and DevOps team and guide them in terms of technical expertise and continuous process improvement to maintain an enterprise wide service.
An American multinational and a leading player in the industry they operate. With an employee base of 100000+ globally, they are now setting up a captive technology centre in Hyderabad to support the organisation globally.
- Build, grow, and nurture a team of talented service engineers
- Work as a key member of a tightknit leadership team to create a high performing team that will drive necessary change and leadership, in a consistent way, throughout the organization
- Ensure production solutions are reliable, resilient, secure and effective and that implemented solutions are continuously monitored and documented
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency. Influence and improve existing processes through innovation and operational change
- Be a thought leader in identifying opportunities and drive automation to improve service health, manageability and reliability
- Effectively build relationships with business, management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution to enable business teams to focus on driving their business and IS to run all the IS services
- Mentor and lead the team through response and investigation activities across all issues the team encounters through the incident lifecycle
- Foster a trusting and safe environment where team members can raise problems without fear of blame, retribution or being judged, and focused on remediation, prevention and excellence
- Work closely with the Product Groups to deploy pre-released software, to provide timely feedback, and to drive improvements into the products
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar field
- 10+ years of leadership experience, leading technical teams in a complex and fast paced environment
- Strong experience in service management and site reliability, having the ability to work hands on and to teach and grow others in the knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of leveraging the power of data and metrics to drive behavior, process and priority decisions across the team and IS
- Start-up mindset; take ownership of assigned environments, operations and initiatives, and look for ways to continually improve employee satisfaction
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues required, to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure
- Strong ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision, to lead and grow a technical team, growing and hiring the next set of leaders, both managerially & technically
- Extensive operational experience in deploying and managing Microsoft solutions
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change
- Ability to inspire and develop staff and building & managing effective teams
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012 and 2016), Exchange Server (2010, 2013 and 2016)
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Azure / Cloud Technologies
- App Dev Principles and Experience
- VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0
- Exposure in a well established yet entrepreneurial environment
- Leadership position to develop and manage the Service Engineering landscape
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jyoti Agrawal on + 91 080 6826 6822.
Contact - Jyoti Agrawal - + 91 080 6826 6822
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.