Lead Consultant at Watson Search Partner
Views:150 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Director/Senior Director - UX Design (10-18 yrs)
Director/Senior Director - UX Design (B2B or B2B2C preferred)
Director/Sr Director Design (UX)
What will you be doing?
As a Director/Sr Director of Design, you will own the customer centric design strategy and vision and pursue some of the most exciting opportunities. It will be a coach - player role where you will be mentoring and leading a team while being hands-on half of the time.
What Will You Be Doing:
- Creating a world class design team inside organization
- Set vision for Design and facilitate strategic design direction for multiple feature/product areas
- Set up Customer Experience KPIs to measure design success
- Lead the UX team in delivering world-class interaction designs from concept to shipping and guide, mentor and communicate UX expectation and vision to the UX team members by clear communication and goal setting
- Collaborate with Product team and other stakeholders, Lead multiple projects simultaneously, estimate UX Design time and effort
- Plan and drive user research and interviews, user testing, and other activities that bring user feedback into the product design process; Regularly shares findings and insights with PM and Engineering.
- Evangelize Product design by continuously sharing best practices, facilitating design thinking workshops with customers and internal stakeholders
- Create Information Architecture, User flow diagrams, wireframes, mock-ups, user journeys
- Drive UX reviews and feedback sessions with UX designers and guide them with structure, process and solutions
- Collaborate with UI designers, developers and Product team to ensure the solutions are properly implemented and efficient testing and release of designs into the product.
- 10+ years of UX design experience; Experience in designing B2B SaaS products is an additional plus
- 6+ years of direct people management experience
- Skill to fall in love with a problem than the solution, Design thinking with understanding of both qualitative and quantitative measures to make decision,
- Knowledge in developing elegant and simple feature functionalities which deliver the world-class user experience
- Experience with designing scalable end-user, business web-based applications.
- Demonstrated execution in Information Architecture, Interaction Design and Visual design.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work and relevant, user-centered design solutions (Research, Information, Interaction and Visual Design only)
- Experience leading design teams establishing design roadmaps and design KPIs
- High bias for action with demonstrable history of identifying and resolving cross project interdependencies
- Ability to juggle several initiatives and shift priorities as needed
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written communication) with a knack for storytelling backed by insights (quantitative or qualitative), ability to clearly explain design decisions and process to anyone in the company