Recruiter at Fidius Advisory
Views:89 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Director/Senior Director - Engineering - Logistics Solutions Firm (10-13 yrs)
Our client provides logistics solutions to SME organizations and have series C funding status
The individual will lead and manage all the key engineering initiatives of the firm.
- Build a highly scalable platform capable of handling large volume transactions
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of the technical architecture to the development team
- Manage and lead team of ~10 engineering and QA resources
- Responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all parameters including functionality, performance, scalability, security, and usability
- Provide oversight and general best practice tools and techniques to other developers
- Design and implement solutions to improve platform performance, stability and user experience.
- Include team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Utilize effective leadership practices to attract, develop, motivate and retain a global technology team comprised of top industry talent.
- Provide delivery management with a focus on Quality and Scalability.
Skill Set required :
- Proven leadership experience of leading and managing teams
- Solid understanding of scalability, modularity and significant experience developing complex scalable solutions
- Experience in developing and maintaining large scale solutions
- Deep experience in designing RESTful APIs and microservices
- Excellent command of the open source stack as well as search engines, NoSQL databases, message brokers, caching techniques, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Grasp on one or more programming languages
- Knowledge of AWS platform and overall infrastructure scalability, issue resolution, etc.
- Experience in an organization providing and deploying enterprise and SaaS software solutions (Internet based).
- Experience from working in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills with dynamic decision-making abilities in a high paced, high growth and delivery-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to guide/mentor technical and functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Enthusiastic, engaged, pro-active, and creative team player, both within the technology team and the rest of the business.
- Empathic and with communication abilities.