Senior Manager at RGF Professional Recruitment India
Views:29666 Applications:2903 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:585
Director/Senior Director - Category - Retail/FMCD (10-15 yrs)
Position: Director / Senior Director Category
Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Can you grow a business 10x-20x in a year or two? Can you create a large base of happy and loyal customers? Can you make a tough business profitable? Can you lead a large, motivated team to deliver results across the board? Are you equally comfortable working with technology, supply chain, marketing, finance, legal and HR teams? Can you take ownership and drive cross-functional initiatives that benefit the company beyond your P&L?
Client is looking for rock-star candidates who can deliver on all of the above. We are a passionate team of individuals looking to change retailing in India by solving long-standing problems consumers face.
Key Elements :
The person will head the P&L of the business end-to-end, doing leadership across online/offline retail.
- Drive Business growth, strategy, profitability, exclusivity, complete P&L, team development, etc
- Opportunity to create impact in the industry and in FK and place oneself in line for higher positions in the category or other parts of the org.
- Work with different teams across the organization to get a 360 degree exposure and influence.
Business strategy :
- Develop the business model: Go deep, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business model to service the opportunities
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the customer: Understand connected customer behavior, develop new customer insights
- Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. React as and when necessary in an appropriate manner
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor network management& operations
- Lead a vendor-relations team to identify strategic partners, negotiate better terms of trade and deals for our customers
- Create a comprehensive Vendor management strategy and governance framework
- Put in processes & metrics to scale the business
- Use technology to scale operations and expand selection
- Work with Supply Chain teams to ensure product availability
- Think big - unlock value for consumers, client and vendor partners
- Merchandising and Sales strategy
- Own pricing strategy based on market potential, consumer insights, margins, competitive signals, etc. Drive necessary promotions
- Create a sustainable business model in the category for ongoing business
- Identify the growth areas and new business scope within the existing category
- Expand selection, enable its discovery and ensure conversion
People leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
Desired background :
- Educational background MBA from top institute
- Knowledge of Internet, Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
Desired Competencies :
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action