Director - Salesforce Platform (20-25 yrs)
The AVP/Director technology is a highly visible position central to the overall account ownership and client relationship. With a full P&L, you will "sell, lead and execute" to develop and deliver Insurance industry-centric technical solutions, helping the Insurance industry turn digital disruptions into competitive advantage.
Your unit will bring together Insurance industry talent, domain knowledge, agile capabilities, cutting edge technology know-how, frameworks and automation assets to simplify processes, enhance operating environments, mitigate operational risks, modernize operating models and increase process efficiency and effectiveness for clients.
Given the transformation agenda impacting the entire Insurance industry, this is arguably a career-defining opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual with a long and well documented track record of success in Technology services delivery or consulting to the Insurance industry.
This will translate into a great opportunity for delivering technology solutions, identifying client opportunities, talent management and competency building.
- Responsible for managing multi-applications insurance technology solution delivery with complex integrations across multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Ensured total adherence to SLAs/KPIs with focused implementation of process improvements and best practices.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop a roadmap, create product definitions, establish milestones and manage the implementation and evolution of the product development cycle.
Process Improvement and Innovation:
- Drive the implementation of development best practices throughout the organization, while governing control and ensuring objectives are achieved. Risk management, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research and recommendation of new systems and software products and services.
- Prepare the organization for regulatory and other compliance audits
- Foster culture of innovation and fast execution, leading by example and hands-on execution.
- Lead in business development initiatives, RFP response preparation and pre-sales engagements.
- Represent the organization at different forums, seminars, conferences as the brand ambassador.
- Drive the talent management effort for Technology, including hiring, developing, training and retaining a best-in-class team spread across geographies
- Develop competencies and resources in view of expectations of Insurance + Technology industry
Excellence in strategic and analytical problem solving - Quantitative, fact-based approach to team-based problem solving and strategic approach to addressing issues and offering solutions. Candidates should have an aptitude for analytical concepts and thinking.
Business acumen and IT knowledge - Strong business development skills. Must understand current market trends, risks and prevalent technologies used in the global Insurance industry.
Outstanding leadership and communication skills - Polished verbal and written communication style. Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with project teams and the client.
Personal drive - Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive lasting client impact.
Self-guided attitude - The ability to succeed in a professional environment where client and project direction is not always well defined. Qualified candidates will understand how to produce results when working in challenging client environments and/or new business areas.
Cultural adaptability - The ability to work in a globally distributed environment with customers based in different regions across US/UK/AU/NZ/SG/HK
Qualification & Experience required (including key competencies):
- 20+ years of experience in leading large technology delivery teams and driving product roadmaps and good understanding of SDLC, waterfall and agile project methodologies
- Thorough understanding of P&C insurance carriers/Brokers/MGAs functioning, pain points & broad understanding of their technology needs and done convincing work in areas of consulting for IT opportunities, managed budget engagement and revenue responsibilities.
- Strong passion for serving Insurance clients in their effort to successfully transform their business
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Objects and Data Model
- Experience with Salesforce Sites, API Calls, LWC, Lightning and customer 360, Apex/VF/Web services, custom integration, and App Development& Package Creation
- Solid understanding of Salesforce Standard Objects and Business Processes around them
- Experience with SFDC governor limits, licensing, SFDC / Community Cloud offerings and SFDC best practices.
- Familiar with Identity, SAML, and Salesforce cross-cloud integrations.
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate developers, leads, and peers.