HR Manager at Ikya Global
Views:1495 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Director - Sales - Pulp & Paper Industry (15-20 yrs)
Sales Director - Pulp & Paper - Lebanon - 15 - 20 years Exp
Job Location - Beirut, Lebanon
This is a senior position, member of the management, overseeing the entire sales organization across all geographies; it is ultimately responsible for its performance and all matters pertaining to suppliers/mills, clients and other trading-related stakeholders.
1. Overseeing sales team (ref. organizational chart) and its daily activities, issues, problems and concerns (in particular pricing decisions and trading costs, relations with suppliers etc.), and taking ultimate responsibility for its performance.
2. Developing, setting and monitoring sales targets per manager, territory, product, mill etc. including profitability goals
3. Developing relationship with key clients and suppliers (mills) and ensuring smooth relations and on-going satisfaction
4. Developing new business opportunities either on side of supplier (mill) or market (new territories where company is not present)
5. Ensuring staffing, training, and performance evaluations for Sales organization
6. Helping CEO set sales policy and strategy in line with vision and objectives
7. Reporting periodically to CEO (or his designated delegate) on sales performance and recommending corrective action where needed
8. Deciding on which fairs and other business events to attend, instructing marketing officer accordingly, and representing us.
9. The Sales Director shall also be responsible for his/her own book of clients, in which case he/she also acts as a senior Sales Area Manager (SAM) within a given territory, region or selected VIP Clients- ref. corresponding job description
10. The Sales Director could be requested to develop business opportunities in other than paper & Board as per Group general focus areas.
3) Key performance indicators
- Overall sales targets reached across team, markets, products etc.
- Overall profitability goal reached (gross profitability)
- New business successfully developed (new vendors/mills, new sales territories)
- Client satisfaction and evidence of pro-active attitude in solving problems rapidly before they generate into serious issues
- Team satisfaction and employee retention
- Good rapport with other members of the management, foremost MD
4) Qualifications required
- High ethics and professional standards
- Strong business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Focus
- Leadership and team management
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
4.2 Minimum education:
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or business administration from a recognized university or equivalent number of years of experience
- Ten (10) years of sales-related experience in a paper trading/ merchanting/manufacturing organization with progressive management experience, leading a team of at least 5 individuals
- Alternatively, equivalent experience in another commodity trading business