Senior Consultant at Rini Search Services
Views:1564 Applications:566 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Director - Sales & Marketing - EduTech (10-15 yrs)
Its fast-growing Edtech startup, built by a team that is passionate about improving education and bridging the world's skills gap. Our 100% online programs give anyone, anywhere access to a world-class education through a combination of a web-based platform, a project-based learning model, and ongoing 1:1 mentorship for each student.
Looking for a data-driven, customer-focused Director of Marketing and Sales to help us rapidly grow awareness and demand for existing/new B2C programs, as well as lead/coach teams and build systems that deliver aggressive growth backed by best-in-class demand gen, differentiated positioning, and a compelling brand story.
This is a six-month consulting opportunity for setting the business on a clear growth trajectory.
If you succeed in this challenge, the position will be converted to a full-time role with both an attractive remuneration and an equity component.
You'll set strategy, but you'll also roll up your sleeves. You'll lead, mentor, and grow our capable team of marketers and inside sales representatives who need a strategic leader.
You'll be a part of the company leadership team, working cross-functionally with our vertical Program Directors as well as tech, product, and program operations, and reporting directly to the co-founder.
You will be responsible for working with exceptional marketing and sales teams to develop and evaluate strategies, plan and coordinate marketing and sales efforts, identify and allocate resources to different projects to build awareness, and positioning. Ideally, you are a consumer-centric leader with proven experience in marketing online education, ability to tell engaging product stories, and to analyze business and customer insights to help inform decisions.
- Deliver compelling product and brand positioning to stand apart in a competitive market, based on deep insight into user needs/motivations, our own product, and market landscape you'll work in close collaboration with our business heads and product/curriculum/operations teams
- Play a lead role in brand strategy development (e.g. positioning, architecture, visual identity), go-to-market planning and execution (creative, media, production, reporting) while guiding and supporting internal marketing partners in strategy and execution
- Scale demand generation for Business through a multi-channel approach across paid and organic
- Explore and evaluate channel expansion strategies via partnerships, affiliates and other routes
- Help deliver monthly and quarterly Lifetime Revenue goals by meeting the demand generation as well as sales conversion numbers.
- Identify strategic opportunities and prioritize them against other tactical actions to achieve a balance between short-term and long-term performance.
- Leadership and strategic guidance of the Inside Sales team
- Ensure consistent implementation of effective sales processes for optimum performance and success of organization.
- Establish processes for monitoring, measurement and optimization through institutionalizing performance marketing metrics that correlate to business impact.
- Bring 5+ years of demonstrated success in user acquisition (leading to meaningful revenue growth) at a fast-growing startup; you have an exceptional understanding of paid and organic user acquisition channels, with experience scaling at least one; bonus points if you have driven growth beyond undifferentiated paid acquisition, and have strong instincts around approaching the unexplored territory
- Have at least 5 years of experience in leading and coaching a sales organization with at least some experience being as a part of inside sales.
- Are an exceptional people manager, and have coached both individual contributors and managers to deliver to their fullest potential
- Are exceptional at prioritizing and focusing the team on the highest value opportunities
- Remain excited to be hands-on and scrappy: comfortable with ambiguity, getting your hands dirty, comfortable betting on bold new experiments, prioritizing, and implementing your own ideas when needed
- Bring exceptional performance marketing expertise.
- Have experience with establishing and scaling consumer brands in Series A/B companies (including in education tech, alternative education, or consumer tech) in a variety of context and scenarios
- Are a systems builder / strategic first-principles thinker, solving problems by both putting yourself in the customer's shoes and analyzing data
- Possess strong communication skills
- Are passionate about improving education and seriously committed to helping build an organization from the ground up, even if things aren- t always easy
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.