Managing Partner at Mindfield Resources
Views:289 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Director - Research & Development - FMCG (18-28 yrs)
- A substantially large FMCG in the food & beverage industry is looking for a seasoned professional who can rewrite the rules, challenge the status quo, work seamlessly with other functions to create a unique consumer experience.
- We can base the position in either Saudi Arabia or Dubai.
- Covering a large region with expansion on the cards, you can expect a fair amount of air travel in the Middle East North Africa region. What you need to carry is 15+ years of quality experience in the food production industry, have ideally held stints in production and quality assurance before landing up in leading an R&D team.
- Creating proactive innovation pipelines for various markets, deep experience in commercialisation of the products. While a research and development person with a food technology background, have the approach and mindset of a business leader.Someone who takes all business aspects into account.
- Working closely with other heads of functions you would lead an exhaustive study on harmonising and rationalising the current portfolio, aim to take advantage of the low hanging opportunities, build a plan for the pipeline for future product innovations, aggressively look into the operational aspects of QA and operational needs that need to be upgraded to international standards.
- Quality Assurance, Regulatory affairs would come under your wing. The role empowered and shoulders responsibility for setting the tone for the regional NPD agenda, expansion of current categories, an extension of product lines, capital investment. You need to build and escalate the barrier for competition entry into relevant categories.
- Along with the R&D department, you would be managing the QA section as well Setting the strategies after doing the due diligence with the marketing and other functions you would ensure that the vision is cascaded along the line and capabilities and built to keep pace with the business need.
- Preferred competencies in Product innovation, Technology management, Research & Development, Product Claim management, People development, Quality Management Position is open to overseas candidates as long as you carry the relevant experience