Recruitment Consultant at Talpro
Views:4429 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Director - Quality Assurance - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-15 yrs)
Title: Director - QA
We are looking for a Director of Quality Engineering to lead a world class QA Engineering team.
- The individual should have a track record of delivering quality enterprise software and building high-performing teams focused on automation and innovation.
- You will be expected to collaborate with Development, Product, Data Science and leadership at all levels and completely own the quality of the releases. You are expected to grow the team, mentor and guide them, and ensure quality is not compromised throughout the cycle
- Driving, managing and facilitating the testing transformation initiatives and strategy across multiple components
- Continuously strive to eliminate waste, improve existing process, customer satisfaction, bring in new technologies, and thought leadership to the engagements.
- Drive Automation as a key QA strategy for Platform validation and regression coverage.
- Responsibility to converge continuous integration, release automation, and configuration management
- Build bridges with cross functional teams, product managers and support team on distilling and challenging functional requirements into technical test designs.
- Outcome/Results based Leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills
- Develop Project metrics to track and guide decisions on release readiness.
- Driving large Performance Testing engagements
- Review solution requirements from a QA point of view and participate in feature test scoping for input into the development of the product roadmap.
- Analyze project metrics to provide data on gaps and areas for improvement as well as data to base future schedules on.
- Coordinate process improvement efforts and ensure team has the right tools in place for efficient test design, execution and reporting.
- Maintain project KPI metrics, JIRA dashboards and coordinate SW/HW bug triaging and prioritization.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the QA team within an Agile/Scrum environment and develop SW process improvements for feature launches.
- Management of departmental resources, hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 10+ years of software development or software testing experience with 3+ years of hands on management experience.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Solid, practical understanding of setting up CI-CD tooling across the organization. Focus on practicing 'left-shift' testing approach.
- Understanding of industry wide software testing tools and services. Understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Understanding of Cloud Hosting, IaaS, Auto-service discovery principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical contributors and work across complex organizations and collaborate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong experience with Performance Engineering
- Experience in setting up, managing and monitoring Test environments
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Educational Qualification: B.Tech from top universities/institutes (IIT or NIT)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.