Head Hunter at Wenger & Watson Inc.
Views:1282 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Quality Assurance (12-17 yrs)
Pathbreaking Job Opportunity!!!
Are You Looking to Head the whole QA for a leading Product Development Company??? Then this is what you need to DO - - > Apply to this Job!!!
Looking for a Technically Strong Sr.Manager/Director in Quality Assurance to lead the whole QA team for the whole of India.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- BS or MS (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering) from a reputed university.
- 15+ years experience in technology intensive software products space.
- At least 2 years as a Director in a Product Engineering organization, with a strong exposure to QA or actively running a QA function
- Experience working in a global product development organization
- Should be very aware of web and cloud products, preferably platform products (like bing, app platforms, dev tools)
- Should be having good pulse on new emerging technology trends and products (currently) should be very familiar with PaaS platforms, and web/mobile converged dev etc)
- Should be very conversant with QA test architectures that build on frameworks like sahi/salenium et al using languages like Java
- Should be aware of cloud scale testing, how to test large configurations, dynamic scaling on cloud/AWS, performance and stress in cloud, automation harnesses et al
- Should be very articulate. Should have written white papers/presented at conferences. Should have made key proposals and got management buying within present company
- Should be very strong technically and should be able to get respect/regard from senior managers & architects in QA here
- Should have some QA thought vision and broader strategic thinking
- A strong drive for results is a must in the ideal candidate.
- Organizational development is another key area. Nurturing and developing the team, managing their careers and aspirations, working these into the organizational evolution and growth requirements and ensure both team and organizational aspirations are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Lead the QA group in Hyderabad Development
- Be an external ambassador for the QA Group to the company Leadership
- Promote Quality achievement and improvement throughout Hyderabad Development and the larger organization
- Set QA compliance objectives, and certify that quality targets are achieved across metrics of usability, functionality, robustness, correctness and performance, in line with Product Management goals, prior to any software release
- Established and maintain repeatable and automated gold-standard Quality processes and test infrastructure, where test coverage and quality results are visible and accessible at all times to all groups involved in software development and delivery
- Determine appropriate coverage across all quality metrics, and oversee writing and executing the test plans for all relevant product releases
- Have a customer focus at all times, ensuring that the tests' coverage includes customer use cases and represents customers' environments. Build an appreciation for the customer perspective across the whole QA group and the larger Development organization.
- Maintain awareness of the business context and strategy, and communicate these within the QA group
- Organize and build-to-scale the QA group effectively to deliver against the group's remit.
- Drive the recruitment strategy within the QA group and ensure effective onboarding of strong technical talent
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills. This is a high profile role and the ability to influence peers and stakeholders in a matrix-management organized structure is required.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic product objectives and deliverables
- Interact across functional areas with senior management and the executive team to ensure alignment across the org, and also to keep those stakeholders informed of the QA group's activities
- Guide, mentor, coach and support all the members in the QA group
- Bring together staff of different disciplines and drive the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures
- Ensure a positive and close partnership between all members of the QA group, and their peers within the relevant Engineering, Product Management and Technical Support groups, and with their leadership
- Training the team on the latest testing methodologies
- Track team performance and develop career path for leads and team members
- Build strong leadership within the QA team, with strong technical and managerial capabilities at all levels
- Manage the annual planning and budgeting process, and track the same through the year for the QA group
- As a senior member of the centre's management team, participate in the running of the Hyderabad centre
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.