Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:258 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Director - Purpose & Resource Mobilization - NGO (12-20 yrs)
About the Organization: Established in 2007, Educate Girls' is a non-profit that focusses on mobilizing communities for girls' education in India's rural and educationally backward areas.
Strongly aligned with the 'Right to Education Act' or the 'Samagra Siksha', Educate Girls is committed to the Government's vision to improve access to primary education for children, especially young girls.
Educate Girls (EG) currently operates successfully in over 20,000+ villages in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh with a strength of 2200+ employees & 13000+ volunteers (Team Balika). By leveraging the Government's existing investment in schools and by engaging with a huge base of community volunteers, Educate Girls helps to identify, enroll and retain out-of-school girls and to improve foundational skills in literacy and numeracy for all children (both girls and boys). This helps deliver measurable results to a large number of children and avoids parallel delivery of services.
For more information on the organization log on to www.educategirls.ngo
Why is this role important?
- Over the years, Educate Girls has enjoyed the support of some incredible (domestic and international) institutional funders including Foundations, Trusts, Venture Philanthropies, Impact Investors, and Corporations.
- Between 2019 and 2024, our audacious goal is to solve almost 40% of India's out-of-school girl problem by bringing up to 1.5 million out-of-school girls back to school by 2024.
- We aim to establish our presence across 35,000 villages in India's 4 most populous states (Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar) and benefit 15 million children cumulatively.
- Promoting the vision, creating awareness & brand recognition and ensuring sustainable funding through diversifying & expanding funding partnerships is the key to achieve this ambitious goal!
Summary of the Role
As the Director of Purpose & resource Mobilization, you will develop and own the Educate Girls Branding & Marketing strategy, its execution and ensure a strong foundation of donors for the organisation to expand and sustain in the next decade.
Strategy Planning & Execution
- Design an effective strategy to market the brand of Educate Girls with a long term objective
- Develop the annual plan, budget and allocate resources accordingly for fundraising & communications
- Drive strategy based on market research, data insights, market intelligence and analytics
- Ensure a diversified, secure and sustainable funding base for Educate Girls in the ongoing 5-year strategy (2019-2024) and beyond
- Steward the brand by creating & telling Educate Girls' stories and inspiring donors and other stakeholders to participate in the narrative
- Be the face of Educate Girls at various external events like workshops, panels, conference and other events
- Creation of verbally and visually engaging marketing-communication materials, reports, presentations and manage donor engagement activities to drive a full-fledge stewardship/relationship program for all funders.
- Cultivate and engage relationships across the development funding fraternity
- Develop and drive donor stewardship across internal functions - Operations, Finance, Program Excellence and Human Resources
- Mentor, guide and build a high performing team to ensure they are delivering against key functional metrics.
- Create breakthrough strategies with new technology platforms, alternative media, new tools & techniques.
- Drive innovations in fundraising - including but not limited to HNI events, digital, mobile, retail, co-branded partnerships and the like.
- Key Requirement: Strategic Thinker, Effective Communicator, Relationship Builder & a Strong Leader
- Our ideal candidate would have around 15 years of experience that includes a demonstrable track record in marketing/sales strategy, communications, brand awareness, business development, relationship management, fundraising/revenue generation.
- Experience of fundraising more than 50+ crore will be an added advantage.
- Substantial experience in a leadership role, having built, inspired and managed cross-functional teams leading them to succeed
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to embrace the mission of Educate Girls impeccably
- Exquisite interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to effectively interact with all stakeholders - Board members, international and domestic institutional funders, high net worth donors, and retail individual donors, media, etc.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and convincingly to media outlet personnel, market influencers, external partners, and so forth.
- Strong analytic, strategic planning, business development and technology skills;
- Must be self-motivated and inspire the same in others, have a positive can-do attitude, have excellent time-management skills and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills, having an ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team towards a unified direction with a common vision.
- Well-versed with general management, marketing & communication tools - MS Office, Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Web trends, Adwords)
- Open to travel - domestic & international
Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.