Director - Projects/IT Product Development - FinTech (12-16 yrs)
About the Company:
A US-based fin-tech company is looking for a Project Director with minimum12 years of experience to lead internal product development &/ external product development that could be in bespoke/configured mode.
This company is 12 years old, on a very fast growth path, well funded, stable, profitable and already a unicorn. Company details will be shared with shortlisted candidates only.
About the Role :
This is a functional leadership position spearheading product development for single/multiple clients across India/globally. The role reports into CTO and/or Head of Technology.
Target Profile :
Project management expertise especially related to large-scale Software product development in the domain of lending, banking, financial services, financial technology with a minimum 12 years experience.
The Project Director position will be based out of Delhi-NCR
Role Requirements :
You will work with business, technology and compliance leadership of Indian &/ Global clients to build products matching their exacting standards.
- Must have played the role of a hands-on Project Manager for at least 2-4 full lifecycle projects with successful delivery track record.
- Track record of managing multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously with high customer satisfaction.
- Well-versed with technical aspects of Microservices, Cloud Architectures and AI/ML.
- Efficient in planning, control & cost estimations, monitoring & control, risk management, establishing project governance and engaging with clients to ensure smooth project execution and targeted outcomes.
- Skilled at liaising with interrelated cross-functional teams (E.g. QA) for project deliverables, milestones and turnaround times.
- Led mid to large teams, including in matrix formations. Managed multiple teams for successful project implementation with proper scope management, financials and quality assurance.
- Owns and resolves complex issues arising in a project.
- Works cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and strategy to ensure growth of company's product offerings and related market-share. E.g. Interface with key decision makers and senior leaders of prospect organizations, as and when required.
Key Candidate Attributes :
- Passionate about developing new financial products, project management, software development and company growth
- Leads the team by example, mentors, coaches and develops next line of organizational leaders. Owns hiring, retention and attrition in the team in partnership with HR.
- Possesses sound understanding of the functional verticals in Banking & Financial Services etc.
- Possess strong analytical skills and is well versed with the working of organization as per ISO 27001, CMM Level 5, SOC2 etc.
- Well-honed expertise in agile SDLC and project management.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of project management tools and methodologies.
- Managed multiple, complex and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant experience, including team handling experience of at least 5+ years.
- B-Tech/ B.E./MCA/M-Tech or equivalent, preferably full time.
- Adept at problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Knowledgeable in inter-related aspects, such as
a) Software Tools: JIRA, SharePoint Confluence
b) Methodologies: Agile software development methodologies
c) QC methodologies: Cause and effect diagrams, Pareto charts, 5 why analysis, Fishbone diagrams.
- Effort estimation: Story points, Functional decomposition WBS, Use case points
- Data Center: AWS services for deployment
Preferred knowledge of technology stacks, such as :
- Application Stack
Architecture Patterns :
- Server Less, Microservices, Thin Client, PWA
AWS Services :
- SES, VPC, EC2, RDS, Lambda - Server less processing, ELB, S3-Storage
WAF (Web Application Firewall) :
Travel Requirements :
- Occasionally as per business requirements
- CTC will be aligned to market and commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
- The selection process will comprise of 2-3 rounds of discussions in a short span of time.
If you or anyone in your network is a close fit to the above-stated requirements, they can share their interest/profile/resume for further consideration.
Thank you for your consideration and all the best for your search.