Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:2651 Applications:284 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Director - Project Management Office - Healthcare/Life Sciences (12-18 yrs)
- The Director of PMO is a key member of the company Management Team and is responsible for global project management standards, engagement delivery methodologies and project governance.
- The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The PMO is responsible for the global repository of engagement artifacts, the source of documentation, guidance, education, and metrics on the practice of project management and execution.
- All project managers and project coordinators report to Director of PMO. The PMO has visibility into all active engagements and provides an appropriate level of governance as it relates to project management.
- Important Note: Request you to not apply for this job if you do not have possess all of the following:
- Experience of being the PM yourself with a solid track record and proven success
- Business acumen and understanding of running a department or a division where productivity, resource utilization, quality, timely delivery and employee and client satisfaction are paramount.
- Proven experience of establishing processes, best practices and tools for planning, execution and communication of reports and metrics with transparency.
- Proven experience of team management
- Expertise in Agile methodologies
- Be supremely organized, detail-oriented, and a true self-starter
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate PMO staff
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish, document and maintain Project Management SOPs and best practices using Agile methodologies for project planning, execution and reporting based on company Software Development and Implementation Life Cycle
- Establish standard project management governance
- Periodic analysis of metrics and lessons learnt and identification of improvement for continuous process improvement
- Establish training/onboarding processes for new hires
- Maintain a global repository of project and engagement management artifacts
Project and Capacity Planning :
- Hold the PM team accountable and provide guidance to them to ensure that all projects are planned as per the PM SOP and Software Development and implementation SOPs
- Perform proactive capacity planning for at least next six months on a monthly basis
Project Execution and Reporting :
- Ensure that overall project status is being tracked and communicated in a concise, consistent and effective manner
-Work closely with project coordinators to forecast and allocate theclient staff efficiently so as to maintain utilization and other KPIs
- Report and communicate project progress to theclient leadership team by developing and maintaining a weekly scorecard of KPIs that includes overall project status, financial burn, risks, issues, etc.
- Manage department including resource allocation, staffing decisions, and professional development
- Continuously train and mentor direct reports to ensure that they are following delivery methodology, processes, systems usage, and are meeting or exceeding performance standards
- Promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- Conduct regular meetings with project managers and coordinators
- Work assignment for team members
- Conducting performance appraisals for team members, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions
Additional responsibilities include:
- Represents the PMO in strategic and management decisions with the global leadership team
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships with internal stakeholders vital to the success of the projects
- Responsible for upholding company policies and for promptly reporting violations
- BE and MBA degrees from highly credible institutes
- 12+ years- total work experience including minimum 5-7 years of Project/Program Management experience in a systems integrator or software development setting.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a leadership position in a fast-paced technology industry
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) and proven experience executing agile software development methodologies
- Experienced in current technologies and platforms including advanced skills in project management tools.
- A background of success in a highly technical environment is a must, along with a proven ability to quickly learn, master, establish and apply new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required, no exceptions
- Advanced abilities with standard office software applications (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, presentation) is required
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial, and communication skills
- Excellent analytic, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Highly desirable to have experience in software development for Healthcare or Life Sciences companies.
- Experience working with international cross-functional teams is highly desirable
- PMP Certification a plus-
- Agile training and certifications such as Certified Product Owner are a plus
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Travel Expectations Less than 20%
Pmo Project ; Planning Project Execution Resource Allocation Engagement Management Agile ( Scrum )Team Management