Consultant at Recruitment Firm
Views:9051 Applications:254 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:226
Director - Product Control - Banking (15-18 yrs)
Our client is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
Actively seeking an experienced individual to be part of their Product Control team primarily responsible for understanding, substantiating and controlling the daily trading balance sheet and income statement.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio Management (Primarily Loans) along with Transaction Management Group covering Rates and Credits.
- Managing CVA/DVA (i.e. the market value of counterparty credit risk and the adjustment for the deterioration in own credit on derivatives).
- P&L explanation - including review of new activity and validation of risk based explain (the role provides exposure to derivative product knowledge, cross asset class and will incl. exposure to portfolio risk-based modelling).
- Performing month-end controls such as balance sheet substantiation, adjustments review and substantiation and reconciliation of the P&L reported through books and records.
To be eligible for this role you will require:
- At least 15+ years of Team Management experience in a Product Control or similar environment.
- Strong understanding of Business Finance.
- Good understanding of products and associated risks
- International experience an essential for this opportunity
- Demonstrate leadership ability in setting direction and prioritisation
- Strong communication and influencing skills required to be successful in this role
- Strong inter-personal skills and evidence of working across teams and geographies to produce timely and accurate output
- Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
Please note that due to the high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next 5 business days we regret to inform you that your application for this position was unsuccessful.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.