Director - Procurement - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
Director - Procurement
Base Station : Gurgaon
About Human Capital Solutions is a leading executive search firm based out of New Delhi providing recruitment assistance to a broad spectrum of industries.
Human Capital Solutions are working in partnership with leading Consumer Durable to recruit Director of Procurement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a globally recognized business and a world-leading procurement team where you can truly develop your skills and experience in procurement and strategic sourcing.
This person will be viewed as a Director of Procurement of the Company serving on the leadership team that will have an active role in the decision-making.
This individual will manage a staff that includes internal and field Managers and Operations staff. He/she will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this department. This executive will also work cross-functionally with multiple departments to achieve objectives.
The Director of Procurement will implement supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Client's policies. The management responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The following highlights the specific responsibilities of this position for the Director of Procurement to be performed personally or through subordinate managers.
- Create item specific forecasts over a rolling time span to be used for ordering and inventory management purposes
- Coordinate integrated processes among Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, Inventory Control and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process
- Development of a best-in-class category plan for the Indirect procurement categories
- Implement specific Supplier Relationship Management strategies tailored to the business needs
- Define and implement change management programs across the global procurement business
- Identify opportunities to provide significant savings to the business through sourcing and demand management activities
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine Purchasing and Logistics Departments- progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Establish strategic material management and logistics plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
- Develop and execute comprehensive material management and logistics plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting
- Measure actual performance against goals on regular basis and present results to senior management
Desired Skills & Experience :
To perform effectively in this position, this person will need to have the following knowledge, skill and/or ability in the area of Purchasing/Supply Chain Management.
- Proven experience in strategic sourcing or procurement within a large multinational blue-chip
- Strategic Sourcing and Category management experience across a wide range of indirect procurement categories
- Must be degree qualified from a prestigious university in a quantitative degree such as Business, finance, economics, engineering.
- Proven team leader with excellent management skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent use of Excel and sourcing systems
Position Code : DP/HCS
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.