Senior Manager at RGF Professional Recruitment India
Views:5291 Applications:556 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Director - Planning & Supply Chain Management - Retail/Consumer Durable (10-15 yrs)
What is the role?
The role leads all Planning (supply, demand, profitability) and Supply Chain Operations for Mobiles - that's around 40 million phones! Practically the entire category will be your key stakeholders; beyond those, you will work with internal stakeholders such as Product, Engineering, Central Supply Chain Planning, Design and Operations, Business Finance; and also external stakeholders such as brands, logistics partners etc.
Key activities include:
Jointly (with category head) create the AOP Track and deliver the AOP on an on-going basis Recommend specific interventions to correct deviations in achievement vs plan
- Set joint targets with KAMs and OEMs/brands on product portfolio (broad pricing, specs, launch timing and inventory)
- Leverage unique vantage point of the market and competition launches to drive product strategy and PRM (product roadmap; i.e. recommend opportunity areas and prevent not only portfolio gaps but also directly competing products and product positioning)
- Define and recommend PLC (product life-cycle) by modeling sell-through incorporating market insights, sale-events, price-drops and competitive behaviour
- Set joint sales (traffic and conversion) targets with sell-side and category marketing / GTM teams
- Track daily, periodic and time-bound demand for BAU, flash- and event-based sales, across specific models, brands and overall category
d. Margins and planning accuracy
- Collaborate with business finance, KAMs and sell-side teams to maximize returns on investments (whether they be in pricing discounts, marketing etc.)
- Pioneer new structures to achieve sell-out without pricing investments
- Improve planning accuracy to eliminate SMNM stock, while also reducing opportunity costs for sales loss
2. Supply chain management
a. SC Planning
- Create, share and tweak plans for slotting inbound and outbound dispatch with IPC
- Innovate to manage peculiarities of the mobiles business model of flash sales and JIT manufacturing
- Manage ad-hoc requests for sell-in and sell-out in accordance with the business requirements
b. In-stock and outbound
- Ensure supplies from OEMs/brands are awarded in-time and in-full, despite peculiarities of the supply and competing for client-level priorities
- Manage central teams to ensure right distribution of stock across FCs
- Minimize QC and other rejections to maximize sell-in
- Ensure smooth high-velocity outbound with customer-friendly SLAs
- PO generation and tracking to fulfilment
c. Sale support
- Go-live of launches, flash and event- sales
d. Reconciliation, reporting and compliance
- PO vs invoicing including rejection, short-supply, excess-supply etc.
- Managing customer escalations
- IWIT, RU and DOH compliance
3. Special projects
a. Reach enhancement: not just delivery but also full-service stack such as exchange and VAS offerings such as CMP
b. RTO reduction
c. Segment share improvement - premium (>25k) segment (EDGE program), entry-level (<7k) segment etc.
What is the team?
- You will report into the category head and will have a seat at the management table making decisions that impact both the category and the organization
- You will have two leads, one each for Planning and SCM reporting into you, each with 3-6 member teams
- You may also have a projects team to drive time-bound specific objective and result oriented projects (such as driving leadership in specific segments, for example)
What does it take?
- Stakeholder management and negotiation
- Data-orientation, analytical prowess, live numbers
- Structured, creative and ad-hoc problem solving - all of it by context
- Business acumen
- Values - Audacity, Bias for action and Customer centricity
- 10-15 years of high-performance work experience
- Post-graduate degree desired, but not required
- Experience with similar roles in the retail industry or smartphones will be highly desired.