Director - Partnerships/Strategy & Technology Implementation (8-20 yrs)
Director - Partnerships/Strategy & Technology Implementation
- Technology Strategy is no longer about how technology supports the business strategy, but how technology can create new opportunities and new value.
- Technology Strategy professionals bring a unique mixture of business and technology expertise to develop strategic plans that define how technology can create value for an organization. Working at the intersection of business and technology, these strategists work alongside client leadership to define holistic strategies that combine business objectives with technology opportunities.
- Technology Strategy professionals must maintain deep knowledge of evolving trends and the latest advancements in technology, strategy, and management to develop innovative solutions and approaches.
- These professionals understand best practices and will work to define strategies that may include governance, organization structure and staffing, enterprise architecture models, business capability models, process definitions, and enterprise operating models.
- At their core, Technology Strategy professionals identify the most important client issues or opportunities and maximize value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities.
- Digital Strategy: addressing the issues, decisions, actions and investments required in IT to create a digital business
IT Value Strategy: shaping the direction of IT to align the overall shareholder and business vision and objectives and drive measurable improvements
- Technology Innovation and Ecosystems: exploring new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions
- Operating Model: shaping how the IT function will need to operate to achieve the New IT and stakeholder objectives and workforce talent strategy
- Cloud Strategy: enabling companies to access IT-based services, including infrastructure, applications, platforms and business processes, via the Internet to shape organizations- cloud journeys
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy: developing the foundation for client business and technology capabilities and execution improvement
- AI Strategy: outlining usage and effectiveness of Artificial Intelligence
- Manage teams in the delivery of client engagements
- Develop trust-based client relationships with new and existing clients that lead to revenue generation
- Contribute to the development of various service offerings, practice thought leadership, and body of knowledge
- Coach and develop team members
- Stakeholder management/ engagement, working with govt/ corporate stakeholders
- Research & Development
- Forms & builds strategy partnerships
- 8-10 years of strategy consulting experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm.
5+ years of experience in at least 2 of these areas:
- Digital Strategy
- IT Value Strategy
- Technology Innovation and Ecosystems
- IT Operating Model
- Cloud Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- AI Strategy
- Good understanding of GIS and Remote Sensing technologies, open-source technologies, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and their applications in the social sector.
- 5+ years of experience improving the business value of technology
- 5+ years of experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
- 5+ years of experience leading small teams including planning/structuring analytical work and facilitating team workshops
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Agile strategy
- Agile transformation
- Agile operating model
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Lean Software Development Lifecycle
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) design and implementation experience
- DevOps design experience
- Broad, diverse experience and knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging).
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Science/Development/Technology/Management/Technology or relevant fields with good understanding of rural systems and business functions. A sound understanding on ecological dimensions would be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, developing and managing Enterprise IT solutions (Web-GIS and mobile) and software products in captive and outsourced environments; ability to manage SDLC and implementation of industry best practices like CMMI, Agile Methodologies, DevOps etc.; and familiarity with vendor management and management of software development in distributed environments are desirable and will be added advantages.