Executive Search - Financial Services at ABC Consultants
Views:899 Applications:253 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Director - Operations - Venture Capital Fund (10-15 yrs)
A VC fund is seeking an India-based Director of Operations to oversee the organization's India operations and manage global projects/initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Director of Operations is responsible for all operational activities that are conducted in India including overall management of the office, finance, legal, governance/compliance, HR, and reporting.
The Director of Operations will also work closely with the COO to take a data-driven approach to the continuous improvement of the Operation vertical's planning and management processes.
As the Fund grows, the responsibilities of this role may expand to other Asia-based operations.
You will own in the role include:
- Office Operations
- Support VC's cost optimization and operational excellence imperatives
- Oversee the daily operations of VC's India office, including acting as a liaison to VC's India-based banking, accounting, and legal partners
- Manage a small local team
- Contribute to the Operations team's culture of service by providing local operational support to the India-based investment team and consultants
- Proactively communicate with US-based colleagues to ensure successful execution of global and local objectives
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures; document standard operating procedures
- Facilitate and maintain tight integration and communication loops between the US operations team and India operations team
- Oversee the Human Resources and Office Administrator's management of tech support and training
- Serve as a Director of VC's India subsidiary, Finance/Accounting
- Manage budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing processes for the India office and team; monitor results against plans/budgets and optimize accordingly
- Work with local auditors and accountants to resolve any queries on financial audits and annual reports
- Coordinate with the Human Resources and Office Administrator to manage the timely payment of staff, consultants, and vendors
- Work with VC's Director of Finance to ensure correct coding and transaction procedures
- Serve as point of contact for our local accounting firm to ensure financial compliance and timely filing of all tax documents
- Oversee quarterly budgeting and expense reporting budget with support from VC's local accounting firm
- Serve as an authorized signer and ensure authorized signers for financial accounts/transactions remain current
- Manage and/or contribute to any India-based payment processing operations including support for online banking administration
- Liaise with the Director of Finance to strengthen and establish strategic relationships with local, regional, and global financial institutions Legal/Governance/Compliance
- Ensure all operations comply with local laws and regulations
- Liaise with VC's India-based legal partners and assist in managing legal requests and imperatives as they arise
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are timely filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Liaise with VC's General Counsel in coordinating legal and compliance-related requests along with keeping General Counsel updated on India legal matters Human Resources
- Oversee the Human Resources and Office Administrator's management of the India office's human resource policies, procedures, and any compliance-related training
- Oversee the Human Resources and Office Administrator's management of the hiring process for any and all India- and pan-Asia based staff
- Contribute to a best-in-class culture and ensure VC- sculture of diversity, inclusion, and equality is maintained as a key priority within the office Reporting and Documentation
- Compose and submit reports, monthly and quarterly, to the COO
- Oversee the development of SOPs for the operational management of the India office
- Assist with documenting, evaluating and managing business systems and processes3
- Proactively communicate relevant and implementable solutions that build and strengthen workflows and procedures across the organization - Work on cross-functional special projects and strategic initiatives, as needed.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.