Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:1137 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Director - Operations - Sportswear Startup (6-9 yrs)
Here is a chance to work for a sportswear brand that is creating waves with their unique products, and be a part of their marketing and branding team.
Our client is a full stack sports clothing startup based in India that sells online and through selected high street retails. It offers innovative performance footwear and apparels with a focus on designing and manufacturing functional gear to enhance athletic performance. They offer premium active wear & sportswear for runners, professional athletes, and men who strive to push themselves in every aspect of their life. They own the end-to-end supply chain logistics and have a manufacturing unit in Bangalore.
Founded in 2015 by a Harvard alumni, our client offers consumers a constantly updated selection of attractive and functional sportswear online, produced by its fully integrated, in-house design and manufacturing facilities. In 2019, our client has raised $1.5M funding and has been selected in the prestigious first cohort of Sequoias Surge Incubation program.
As Director Operations, you will be facilitating the development of a fast-growing organization as it scales rapidly.
What you will do:
- Designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures
- Setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Planning production, warehouse management, and maintaining/developing distribution channels.
- Overseeing daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Leading employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Writing and submitting reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participating in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Managing relationships with partners/vendors
What you need to have:
- 6-8 years' experience in an operational leadership role, preferably in a manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated experience in setting up, implementing and operationalizing systems and processes that contribute to a culture of product and delivery excellence
- Ability to build alignment across manufacturing, warehousing and distribution
- Experience in Inventory planning and supply chain management
- Superior planning and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven, detail-oriented and analytical approach to driving growth
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills