Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:6799 Applications:308 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:93
Director - Operations Head - India Branch & Global Markets - BFS (16-25 yrs)
Director- Head Operations India Branch & Global Markets
Operations provides support for all of Bank's Corporate and Investment Bank businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including India, the US and Philippines. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the FIC Operations team supporting India Investment Bank trading activities, as well as the Operations India teams supporting the Corporate Bank businesses.
The successful candidate will be based in Mumbai, will report to the APAC Head of Markets Operations and will be a member of the regional Operations management team.
Operations Head, India Branch
The Operations team are responsible for the delivery of operational services to the India Investment Bank businesses which include trading in foreign exchange, fixed income, rates, and listed derivative products. Bank has a highly successful, and expanding, franchise servicing local investor and corporate clients and a varied range of international clients via its global network.
Operational services cover the full lifecycle of the Bank's trading activities including middle office (principally supported from Singapore and Manila), documentation and settlement service delivery (- Run The Bank- ) as well as transformation (- Change the Bank- ).
The role will operate within a matrix of local and regional product leads and functional groups with teams, supported by captive service centres in Manila and India.
- Provide a quality service to the Investment Banking division in an efficient and cost effective way whilst maintaining appropriate control and risk management.
- Managing to key metrics in line with agreed targets and risk tolerances, notably cost and control
- Ensuring regulatory compliance from a country and regional perspective.
- Drive the development of strategic goals for FIC Operations India in conjunction with regional operations and local front office colleagues.
- Partner with regional operations colleagues to develop the FIC Operations India technology strategy, maximising the leverage of data driven digital solutions to enhance processing efficiency and controls
- Provide People leadership, including the development of key talent and the overall needs of the staff
- Collaborate with colleagues in other Operations and Technology teams to promote the collective development of key Investment Bank strategies
Operations Head, India Branch
In collaboration with regional and global functions, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight of Operations in India consisting of FIC, Corporate Finance, Cash, Custody and Transactional Banking teams. The Head will be a member of various regional operations management committees, as well Bank Bank India branch management forums.
The Head is expected to have a senior level of understanding of the local business units and products sold in India, and has overall accountability for all operations employees and functions therein performed.
- Create an effective organisational model consistent to the global structure and effective to meeting local needs, promoting collaboration across the India based operations departments which supports achievement of Operations and Bank goals
- Execute local governance, and supervision, in accordance with Bank policy and India regulatory and/or legal norms
- Manage senior local internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, on behalf of Operations, acting as a representative to key local bodies including Bank management committees, Supervisory Boards, regulators and exchanges etc.
- Support the maintenance of high performance culture giving local employees a strategic vision for Operations in India, including the communication of a transparent and consistent message on Bank and Operations strategy
- Communicate clear goals and performance objectives, celebrate success and raise awareness of key topics, issues and/or opportunities across the wider Operations organisation
- Act as an escalation point for departmental matters being ultimately responsible for the performance of local controls and risk management
Skills & experience required:
- Broad and deep knowledge of banking products, market and regulatory practices and client requirements in India
- Proven track record of delivering operational excellence and in driving collaboration across multi-product and functional teams, in context of varied local regulations, market practices, technologies and processes
- Experienced senior professional with global investment bank or equivalent organisation exposure, with proven success in managing matrixed and virtual management structures, managing across varied functions within a regional management team structure
- Leadership skills which enable the candidate to successfully influence simultaneously across multiple stakeholders, peers, direct and indirect reports
- History of leading complex multi-year strategies impacting product, function, process and technology, balancing revenue goals with client service and regulatory adherence
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.