Senior Manager at Talent Networks Pvt. Ltd.
Views:562 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Director - Operations Head - Financial Crime Compliance CoE (16-20 yrs)
Position : Director Operations Head Centre of Excellence Financial Crime Compliance
Purpose of the Role :
- This position will report directly to the region and will be accountable for creating, executing, and Offshoring strategy for its Financial Crime Operations and achieving all migration objectives.
- This role will interact with senior leaders across the company, management of outsourced vendors & if required regulators in various jurisdictions, and deliver strategic offshore capability to support specific business unit objectives.
Main Responsibilities :
- Establish and Manage Offshore Delivery Centres (ODC), which includes opportunity identification, operating models, portfolio planning, allocation, tracking/monitoring, delivery execution & risk management.
- Offshore footprint management (site growth & expansion, future footprint targets, build-out of new when appropriate, etc) at the service delivery partner and in the medium term migrating all work to an in-house site.
- Manage offshore vendor relationships in coordination with Third-Party Risk Management.
- Responsible for all process migrations to offshore from an idea and planning to execution and transition - partnering with all necessary parties in the Business, Vendor Leadership, Third-Party Risk Management, Sourcing, Compliance, Risk, etc
- Continue to grow and mature the Offshoring Capability through defining and executing continuous improvements (i.e. Using standards, tools, templates, governance, reporting, benefits tracking, risk & issues management, capacity management, etc.).
- Partner with 1st Line of Defence (FLoD) Third-Party Management groups to meet compliance with Bank policies, and ensure that the operations and priorities are set under policy requirements and are correctly positioned to meet regulatory expectations.
- Partner with 2nd Line of Defence (SLoD) groups to ensure continued alignment between the Operations standards/strategies and applicable Bank policies. Partner with SLoD to drive policy changes were needed to bridge gaps and improve efficiency/effectiveness.
- Partner with business leaders to understand the strategic direction and business needs to identify and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver Executive-level reporting to senior management, executive management, and c-level groups/committees were required to provide transparency into Operation health, risks, and issues to support & facilitate executive decisions.
- Establish and drive routine data analytics, and produce dashboard reporting and other reporting artifacts and use these to identify emerging risks, issues, or challenges.
- Manage, develop, and inspire a team of Third Party Teams (or internal teams) to execute all of the above responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in Outsourcing with a particular focus on building and managing Offshoring capability for an organization.
- Requires deep knowledge and experience with managing outsourcing execution initiatives and experience in defining strategic plans to adhere to approved outsourcing standards;
- Experience in influencing cross-functional leaders in a large organization, some of whom may have different priorities and goals.
- Experience managing major strategic transformation initiatives and a strong track record of achieving business goals while delivering results on time and budget while effectively managing execution and operational risk
- Experience with Offshoring Operations with delivery through captive and third-party delivery models.
- Experience with Vendor / Supplier Management reviewing, ensuring strict adherence to Service Level Agreements & Management of all relevant Operational Risks.
- Experience with Re-engineering Processes, Designing Target Operating Models & their implementation
Preferred Skills :
- Excellent Planning, Organizing, and Project Management Skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; Must be able to craft and deliver reporting deliverables for all audience levels, including C-level and Board-level.
- Good Numerical Skills & Attention to Detail combined with a strong delivery focus to be able to achieve aggressive time-frames without compromising on risk or the quality delivered.
- Ability to address and resolve complex problems, effectively prioritize competing objectives, negotiate, and manage conflict is critical.
- Good Microsoft Office Skills (including work experience with MS Visio).
- Ability to work independently and leading teams into New / Unchartered territories.
Additional Notes :
- The Role is based in Chennai, India, and will require the holder to undertake travel between its main and other secondary delivery locations.
- Its likely that the role holder may need to travel annually to meet Stakeholders, Regulators in the countries whose Operations are being supported from the Offshore locations.
- In the medium term, the Role Holder will be required to build a Target Operating Model and Project Plan to migrate live processes back into the Bank from its Third-Party Delivery Partners.