Director - Operations & Expansion - Development/Corporate Sector (8-15 yrs)
Leadership and Strategy
1. Builds and implements the operational roadmap in alignment with a 5 year strategic plan.
2. Evaluates and designs the expansion into new regions and district offices as per the organizational 5 year strategy.
3. Drives strategic operational initiatives, including coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure timely and accurate completion and delivery of outcomes.
4. Provide senior leadership and external stakeholders with regular value added reports that identifies & tracks the status of programs, projects, milestones and deliverables.
Operational Planning and Management
1. Develops annual operational plan, engaging key internal and external stakeholders. Oversees the strategic alignment and direction of various projects and programs across regions.
2. Ensure government permissions are obtained and renewed timely and build effective alignment and partnership with respective Government departments.
3. Ensure accountability of delivery on achievement of pre-defined outcomes. Participate in respective donor meetings and support donor reporting and engagement.
4. Ensure that the operational policies and standard operating procedures are contemporary and aligned to best practices and recommend changes to the leadership team as appropriate
5. Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
Program Planning and Management
- Ensure accountability of delivery of programs and a focus on improving quality of outcomes.
Human Capital Management
1. Ensure effective manpower planning for operations management and program delivery.
2. With support of the HR team, ensure the effective implementation of contemporary people practices across recruitment, induction, compensation and benefits, operations and compliance, employee retention, employee engagement, performance management, learning & development and grievance management.
3. Drive a culture of coaching and mentorship to facilitate capacity building of team.
4. Ensure the effective functioning of the operations team while working in a matrix structure.
1. Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization.
2. Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, NGO Partners, government agencies and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
3. Represent the organization at community engagement events.
Risk Management -
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's stakeholders and implement measures to control risks.
- Review the existing projects and outline the level of dependency as per various growth phases that they are in and ensure alignment with key stakeholders to ensure the right actions.
Preferred Education Background -
- Post-graduate degree in education, social sciences, management or social work.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience in operations, business strategy and rapid scale expansion in the development/corporate sector with 3-5 years of senior management leadership experience.
Preferred Skill Set:
- Result orientation, effective leadership, strong communication skills, influencing skills, stakeholder management, strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with people from varied backgrounds and levels.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.