Views:1926 Applications:394 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:327
Director - Operations - Electronic Manufacturing (20-26 yrs)
Director - Operations
- MNC is an industry leader providing complete range of electronic design and manufactured products and solutions to defence & aerospace, industrial, transport, communication and medical sectors. The list of customers is a testimony to its ability to combine product reliability, performance and competitive pricing with a strong customer-focused approach.
- Enabled with extensive design & development expertise and leading- edge technologies, MNC group recorded annual revenues 1000 Cr+ in the year 2019-20. The organization addresses mission and enterprise critical customers in the Defence & Aerospace, Communications, Industrial, Automotive and Medical markets
Key Responsibilities : Responsible for Manufacturing (which includes Production, testing, Process and equipment, Utility), NPI, Quality and Industrial engineering.
- Drive Month on Month Revenue Predictably with Flawless Execution through Standardized Operations
- Participate in developing and executing the strategic direction of the company, create the vision for manufacturing operations that aligns with the company strategy.
- Ensure the CFT Team has the tools, resources and vision to deliver complete customer satisfaction.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations of the plant to ensure the most effective return on assets and meet production goals.
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that manufacturing & NPI strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Drive Production planning and implementation including receiving forecasts, requisition for procurement of raw materials and manufacturing of products.
- Controlling of WIP and collaborate cross functional to improve the efficiency.
- Develop new strategies/solutions to improve value in product and process.
- Report on manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the President & Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Development and implementation of an Operational Excellence program (Best Practices) which ensured continuous improvement in operations.
- Deploying various methodologies to analysis processes and recommending modification to minimize escalations, reduce rejections, improve operating Efficiency, control variability, cost and reduce cycle time.
- Planning of external and internal resources so that maximum output can be achieve with minimum holding of inventory.
- To implement and culture the Lean manufacturing system, TPM TQM methodology among the workforce.
- Responsible for utilities and maintenance of the plant.
- Manage Customers and key deliverables (Safety / Quality / Delivery / Productivity)
Drive Working Capital Improvement :
- Set realistic working capital improvement targets.
- Ensure adequate resources are dedicated to driving working capital improvement.
Provide Financial Visibility :
- Utilize financial data to communicate performance and opportunities for improvement. Promote a culture of accountability based on data-driven decision-making and success.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI- s) for Profitability, On Time Delivery, Quality, and Labor Efficiency are current and communicated across the manufacturing site.
- Develop of a multi-year capital investment plan to establish and maintain cost-effective manufacturing capabilities.
Build a High-Performing Team :
- Coach and enable staff to effectively interact and ensure policies and procedures are established.
- Hire, train and mentor management staff and other key contributors.
- Ensure the cross-trained and motivated staff is in place, to meet our customers- needs.
- An undergraduate degree with a major in Business, Engineering or related field is required. An MBA degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 20+ years of experience in a complex EMS manufacturing environment with operations management experience. Direct experience in an electronic/electrical products, EMS manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Exposure/familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100C is desired.
- Proven ability to implement/lead Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP reporting skills strongly preferred.
Key attributes and Functional Leadership competencies :
- Indian nationals with substantial global experience in the EMS domain, who not only bring global best practices from a manufacturing operations standpoint, but also carries the required leadership bandwidth to guide the BU through its next stage of growth, as a BU head.
- Strong customer orientation coupled with a mindset to continuously raise the bar in quality of overall customer experience and interaction.
- Leading from the front style of leadership would be best suited to align with the organization culture.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to drive the next phase of growth for the company
- Strong understanding of Balance sheet, P&L and cost control
- Drive strategic plans and initiatives, manage the day to day operations and assure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization Constantly raise the bar in quality of customer experience and client interactions
- A leader who can communicate an inspired vision and a sense of core purpose and motivate the entire organization
- Relentless drive for results, bottom line orientation, setting and delivering stretch targets
- High degree of intellect, team spirit and people connect with all stakeholders
- Hands-on approach, with an ability to scale up and scale down with ease
- Strong time management skills and result orientation, with ability to navigate high pressure situations
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.