Director - Operations - Education/Non Profit (8-12 yrs)
Director Operations-Education Non Profit
- Lead, recruit, capacitate, and coach members of the operations team
- Co-create and Maintain Strong Systems and Processes for the creation of weekly, quarterly and annual goals, strategies and plans. Hold members of the operations team accountable for the strategies and goals co-created
- Act as an anchor between, all Government partners, and the operations team to ensure alignment of vision, goals and actions. Liaison and coordinate between teams as per need
- Work closely with the operations team on the capacity building of team members and ensure the constant growth of fellow-team members
- Maintain existing and build new relationships with senior government officials at the National/State level to support the effective implementation of the program
- Work closely with the program and fundraising teams to ensure the conduction of impact visits of partners, stakeholders, team members and funders as per need
- Support any requests that may come from time to time from any National/State level officials we will directly work with.
- Conduct regular on-ground visits to the program to support the program effectively
Scale & Advocacy:
- Scale the organization's programs to various Indian state governments and actively maintain a scale-up pipeline
- Leverage government relationships to enable growth and scale to diverse geographies
- Reach out to new state government partners and manage the state onboarding process from market research to the initiation of state-wide SEL programs
- Actively pursue partnerships with Program Management Units (PMUs) across India to enable scale
- Create structures and processes to advocate for SEL to bureaucrats and decision-makers nationally
- Lead the advocacy efforts of the organisation towards the inclusion of the organization's team members and Social-Emotional Learning in national and state-level policymaking spaces
Accountability and Sustainable Growth:
- Lead the process of setting up an operations advisory board for the organisation to support the leadership team in the operations department
- Work closely with the founding team and boards of the organization to enable the sustainable growth of the organisation
Minimum Qualifications and Expectations:
- Bachelors/Masters in education, social science, management or equivalent from reputed institutions
- At least 8-12+ years of experience in government stakeholder management, leadership positions and operations based roles. (non-negotiable)
- Prior experience of working with government officials or on programs at scale (non-negotiable)
- Prior experience in senior leadership positions (non-negotiable)
- An understanding of Social Emotional Learning, mental health, or psycho-social development psychology will be preferred.
- Fluent in both Hindi & English (Written and spoken) (non-negotiable)
- Willingness to relocate to Delhi. (non-negotiable)
- Working proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slide, etc.
You are perfect for this role if:
- You are someone who is agile, strong-willed and has an extremely strong work ethic.
- You are strongly determined to learn and utilise your learning to catalyse the lives of others.
- You love working with people and love being a leader.
- You value consistency, and attention to detail and are uncompromising on quality.
- You are resilient and willing to take on a long, difficult but extremely rewarding journey.
- You truly believe in the infinite potential of children.