Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:689 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Director - NGO (7-15 yrs)
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. It is also the name of the nucleus organization that supports the global movement of 75+ countries, hundreds of community, cause, and identity-based movements and coalitions, and many millions of people all over the world committed to inspiring and manifesting generosity in the world. As we approach our tenth anniversary, we have a track record of remarkable impact behind us and exponential growth ahead. Our team has grown five-fold in the past two years. To better support our global network and foster innovation throughout the movement, GivingTuesday will establish several in-country global regional hubs, beginning with an office in India.
We are seeking a senior level manager and social impact movement builder to join our global, distributed team as the inaugural Director of GivingTuesday global hub in India. The India Director will need to translate GivingTuesday's verticals into on-the-ground programs and partnerships in India, including data, youth engagement, community and coalition building, new initiatives and more. Our ideal candidate will be that rare combination of pragmatic and visionary, a big idea lover and generator with ability to think tactically and to execute. They will also need to be comfortable with operational tasks, as they partner with other members of the GivingTuesday establish systems and navigate various regulatory hurdles in order to have a successful presence in India.
This is a full-time remote position, but the Director must be based in India.
Establish and Maintain Operations of the Giving Tuesday India Hub :
We have a broad idea of the work we hope the India Hub will accomplish but want to work in tandem with the Director to create a true strategy and vision. What is possible will be determined by potential regulatory challenges, so we want the Director involved from inception to help us identify creative solutions in that area as well.
- Work with the full GT team, as well as in-country legal and financial experts, to shepherd the process of establishing a presence in India and executing charitable programs
- Design and execute the strategic vision for the India hub and tactical roadmap for initial two years
- Hire and manage team (we anticipate 2 full-time employees in addition to the director: Data Lead and Program Manager)
- Fundraise in concert with the nucleus organization to help support those programs and operations; create excellent funding proposals, concept notes, and new and creative ways to position the work as funding possibilities arise
- Build local advisory committees to counsel, amplify, and support the work and its growth
- Represent GivingTuesday via speaking engagements, on panels, and in the media
- Build broad, multi-sectoral coalitions to propel movement's trajectory and impact
Oversee Programs and Support Local Leaders in India :
GivingTuesday's international strategy focuses on developing and supporting local leaders who strengthen local philanthropic infrastructure, democratize philanthropy, and grow a culture of giving, generosity, other altruistic behaviors and robust civic participation at all levels of society, especially the grassroots.
- The Director will provide programming in line with this strategy; the exact specific initiatives and rollout timeline will be determined by the Director in consultation with the nucleus team.
- Supporting and expanding the existing GivingTuesday leaders and strategic partners in the region, and broaden partnership base
- Engaging in strategic planning with regional leaders, ensuring alignment of vision across borders and sustainable, ambitious growth
- Providing programming, including resources, tools, convenings, fellowships, and other programs and opportunities for both the regional leadership and to engage all levels of society in the movement
- Incubate major new strategic initiatives, including taking the lead in identifying, uplifting and creating strategy for meaningful impactful ideas that arise organically from within our community or the broader movement, as well as within our team
Foster and Manage Key Partnerships :
GivingTuesday's exponential growth has been achieved in collaboration with a broad coalition of diverse partners across sectors: global networks, NGOs, religious institutions, corporations, other movements, grassroots activists and organizers, academic institutions, tech platforms, individuals and families. The India director will continue and expand this work by fostering and managing creative and generative relationships.
- Building strong and productive alliances across India, both to further strengthen the movement and also to contribute to and model a collaborative social sector ecosystem
- Develop relationships that deepen and broaden inclusion of communities in the movement, then work to integrate those partners within our many interconnected networks
- Identify and engage new constituencies (e.g. nonprofit associations, corporate partners) through both one-on-one outreach and at scale
Launch Data Commons Presence in India :
Through our GT Data Commons, we facilitate the individual and collective data (including original research projects), measurement and learning functions that are integral to all verticals of the work across our global network. With support of our global data team and resources, the Director will hire a Data Lead to oversee Data Commons efforts in India.
- Lead Data Commons efforts in the region to deepen the understanding of local giving customs, behaviors, and efforts and also contributing to a global understanding of giving and its relationship to civic engagement, equity, opportunity and mental health
- Establish region specific goals, target outcomes, and performance indicators and direct the India Data Lead to measure and evaluate programs and initiatives
- Work with global data chapters to share best practices, findings, and methodology for the collection, analysis, and reporting of data
Preferred Background and Experience :
- 5+ years senior leadership experience in the social sector, with evidence of extra responsibility being given as a result of superior productivity, ambition, attention, and creativity
- Keen understanding of the social impact and philanthropic sector in India, as well as the broader generosity culture (religious and cultural traditions and behaviors and how they differ across demographics)
- Highly networked in the social impact and philanthropic sectors as well as private, academic and tech sectors
- Strong ownership and accountability; proven capability of managing multiple detailed projects from conception through to delivery and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills to eloquently and passionately articulate our mission
- Prior work experience and expertise in writing and editing copy with clarity, brevity and creativity
- Experience with community building, and using innovative practices to grow reach and engage key constituencies
- Fundraising knowledge (not necessarily from a development standpoint)
- Ability to set and evaluate measurable performance and outcome goals
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, largely virtual workspace (Prior experience of working with a global team a big plus)
- Commitment to social impact, philanthropy, innovation, and social justice, and equal commitment to fostering a cohesive, inclusive, trusting work culture
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.