Director at Edge India
Views:84 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Marine Engineering & Environment Division - Information Services Leader (15-20 yrs)
Director - Marine Engineering & Environment - Information Services Leader
Our client is a leading global information services leader. They partner with the world's leading organisations in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights, perspectives and intelligence lead to well-informed, confident decisions. The company serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, maritime, engineering, technology, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
The Role :
- The company is seeking to hire a senior industry professional as a Director, for their Maritime & Trade division that covers key areas of the maritime industry: sustainability, decarbonization and the energy transition.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with expertise in marine engineering or naval architecture, you will be part of a team delivering data-driven solutions accelerating the marine sector's decarbonization strategy to meet regional and international regulators targets. The solutions you will be involved in delivering cover areas of ship energy efficiency and emissions, fuel consumption estimates, operation optimization as well as disruptive technologies such as alternative fuels, hybridization and electrification of ships.
Key areas of focus will include :
- Providing Technical inputs for development and maintenance of energy transition related quantitative offerings
- Providing expertise on emission reduction, energy efficiency and operational optimization; as well as on emerging technologies that will affect policy and regulation in shipping
- Building expertise in ships carbon accounting from existing and new fuels perspective, as well as from a regulatory perspective, to advise industry.
Your Profile :
- You must be a qualified Naval Architect or Marine Engineer with post qualification experience working in shipping. Your experience must include areas of maritime environmental engineering, especially related to energy and fuels. Ability to view and analyse strategy related issues from an analytical perspective will be a critical requirement for this role.
Key attributes will include:
- Brilliant communication style with the ability to relay messages to any target audience with ease, translating technical language into insightful recommendations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data
The position is open for candidates in India (Bangalore), Singapore and UK (London), provided you are a local resident. Please mail in a detailed profile to initiate a discussion