Director/Manager - Revenue Reporting & Analysis - BFSI - CA (4-10 yrs)
The Director/Manager of Revenue Reporting and Analysis is responsible for reporting revenues and providing both sequential and year-over-year analysis, providing internal revenue reports by product and segment. The position requires a strong understanding of accounting while simultaneously being able to explain the business drivers to the VP, Controller. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a strong process while maintaining some flexibility for any ad hoc changes the business requires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Change
- Comply with ASC 606
- Analyze and review Revenue data and reports
- Work with the IT team or 3rd party vendor to build ASC 606 Revenue module
- Responsible for all aspects of Revenue Recognition
- Manage & supervise Revenue Accounting and Reporting in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles as follows:
- Analyze monthly billing cycles to identify changes in trends
- Maintain weekly rolling schedule of short-term revenue forecast
- Ensure that revenues are properly posted into the General Ledger
- Ensure that those revenues subject to deferral are properly deferred
- Review accounts receivable and determine appropriate allowance for doubtful accounts
- Review intercarrier (ICC) accounts receivable and determine allowance for doubtful accounts
- Perform various revenue analysis as required from time to time, including variance to plan analysis
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly updates for financial reporting
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests and other tasks as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- CA , US GAAP
- 4-10 years of experience leading accounting teams and knowledge of the monthly and annual closing process.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.