Recruitment at Black Turtle
Views:1552 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Director/Manager - Revenue Reporting & Analysis - BFSI - CA (4-10 yrs)
The Director/Manager of Revenue Reporting and Analysis is responsible for reporting revenues and providing both sequential and year-over-year analysis, providing internal revenue reports by product and segment. The position requires a strong understanding of accounting while simultaneously being able to explain the business drivers to the VP, Controller. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a strong process while maintaining some flexibility for any ad hoc changes the business requires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Change
- Comply with ASC 606
- Analyze and review Revenue data and reports
- Work with the IT team or 3rd party vendor to build ASC 606 Revenue module
- Responsible for all aspects of Revenue Recognition
- Manage & supervise Revenue Accounting and Reporting in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles as follows:
- Analyze monthly billing cycles to identify changes in trends
- Maintain weekly rolling schedule of short-term revenue forecast
- Ensure that revenues are properly posted into the General Ledger
- Ensure that those revenues subject to deferral are properly deferred
- Review accounts receivable and determine appropriate allowance for doubtful accounts
- Review intercarrier (ICC) accounts receivable and determine allowance for doubtful accounts
- Perform various revenue analysis as required from time to time, including variance to plan analysis
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly updates for financial reporting
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests and other tasks as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- CA , US GAAP
- 4-10 years of experience leading accounting teams and knowledge of the monthly and annual closing process.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.