Director at Athos Consulting
Views:699 Applications:192 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Director/Manager - Engineering - FinTech (10-16 yrs)
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in hiring, building teams from the ground up and retaining top talent, establishing scalable and sustainable architecture, collaborate on the strategy & roadmap by working closely with the product, design and PMO organizations, besides technical prowess and demonstrated experience building web applications. We- d like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development. This is a hands-on engineering leadership role for a strong technologist/architect and high performing engineering leader.
- Hiring, developing & retaining top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure.
- Work with product and design organizations in defining product roadmap.
- Provide thought leadership to the broad org around web development.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Bring predictability to the team's overall performance and delivery.
- Coaching and mentoring individual contributors.
- Create & enhance development processes to ensure the quality of products and code.
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing the engineering discipline of the team.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products
- Maintain a good balance between start-up mentality with rapid iteration and maturity of product features
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment where features are rapidly developed and tested, change and experimentation
- End to end ownership of features including design, coding, deployment, devops and support
- 10+ years of progressive software engineering career path
- 7+ years of experience in managing direct reports and their careers
- Strong Design and Architecture exposure in building large scale internet applications
- Strong People Management skills leading mid-size teams in a Product Development environment
- Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Lean Startup product iteration techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience