People Search Consultant at Metaphor Infotech
Views:844 Applications:252 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:244
Director - Legal - KPO/Shared Services - LLB (14-18 yrs)
Designation: Director - Legal.
- Lead Legal and compliance function for our client, reporting into the Head for Risk Management & Legal and a matrix reporting into Legal Council
- Excellent legal research skills, Domain knowledge & thought leadership (including experience in dealing with labour law matters)
- To provide legal advice, guidance and representation to the management and the leadership team on legal matters concerning the Firm and work collaboratively with the management and leadership team.
- Pro-actively and independently engage in strategy discussions with leadership and external counsels on legal matters affecting the Firm;
- Responsible for the management of firm legal & compliance agenda
- Lead the Whistle Blowing policy and monitoring for the RMP & PPC Head
- Advise, implement and sustain an effective WB & serious case tracker and database (including enquiry documentation)
- Responsible for collaboratively working with internal business unit heads, COOs and senior leaders and onshore stakeholders to identify compliance, statutory, regulatory and legal risks and proactively working with firm's leadership team to help mitigate the risks.
- Monitoring firm's compliance with various internal and Global Risk Management policies as applicable to the firm.
- Monitoring legal compliances of the Firm
- To work on board and committee administration.
- Be able to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies, and provide sound legal advice.
- To keep abreast of the latest changes in laws in India and appraise the relevant stakeholders and to develop appropriate mechanisms and strategies to comply with the same with minimal disruptions.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge by attending educational workshops, conferences, seminars, reviewing publications etc.
- Excellent drafting skills and oral/written communication including public speaking/media communication
- Good network with external counsels
- Familiarity with laws applicable to service-sector and governing the conduct of professionals
- Experience with governance, risk management and compliance
- Have a broad range of knowledge and skill on legal matters, including labour laws
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Flexible approach to problem-solving
- Able to interact with stakeholders, internal clients and leadership in a highly efficient and timely manner
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable with interacting and making presentations to senior management including CXO level and Board
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and perform under stress and adopt effective courses of action
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in connection with the legal work
- Demonstrate impeccable work-ethics, integrity and trust, with no history of disciplinary offences in any capacity
- Leading through influence & building consensus
- Driven and ability to work both independently and in a team
Law Degree from a well-ranked law school/university
Qualified lawyer with 14-18 years of relevant experience in a KPO, shared service, consulting firm, service centre / MNC.