Sr Consultant - Leadership Hiring at Antal International
Views:3408 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:121
Director - Legal & Compliance - Mfg/Auto (8-14 yrs)
- Streamline in general the legal, regulatory and compliance framework in the company and provide strategic advice on customisation and implementation of policies and procedures local as well as group guidelines to ensure the conduct of business in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations in India
- Standardize/ create different master legal contracts and templates (international and indigenous) and draft, review, implement and administer them with clients, vendors and business associates for different complex projects and other business needs of the Company in India.
- Coordinate with other internal functions for Legal and Regulatory Compliance of the Company in India for various projects and other allied business needs.
- Review and structure of procurement contracts including those for appointment of suppliers/subcontractors in India as well as globally.
- Provide a high level review and opinions on major taxation matters as may be applicable to the company.
- Closely work with Procurement & Finance to liaison with various Government agencies, as required, such as Excise, Customs, DGFT, RBI and labor departments for ensuring legal compliance
- Ensure Secretarial Compliance, including administration of Board meetings and shareholder meetings, drafting of resolutions, minutes of meetings, notices for meetings etc.
- Represent the Company or its officials in various legal proceedings
- Ensure recovery of dues from defaulting customers, including issuance of Legal Notices and initiation of arbitration or other legal proceedings.
- Defend the claims, counter-claims and frivolous proceedings from contractors, sub-contractors and other vendors in the projects and to provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits
- Assess legal risks (esp. in contract clauses such as payment, confidentiality, guarantees and liabilities, risk distribution and change in contract elements) that arise from internal or external environment and escalate the relevant ones to the Managing Director and to the group's legal department.
- Interface and appraise the group legal department periodically on the matters relating to the Indian entity and to appraise them of the complexities and the magnitude of the issues involved and to provide quality counsel on the resolution of such issues
Antal International Network
Tel: +91 80 65682908
Suite 101. Floor 1, 5/2, Trump Tower, Eagle street, Langford town, Bangalore -560 025; INDIA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.