HR - Recruiter at Its All About People
Views:1184 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Director - Legal - Cash Management Firm - LLB/LLM (15-25 yrs)
1) About the Company :
The Company is among the top most Cash Management companies of India .
2) Job Responsibilities :
- Lead and drive the legal advisory function for the organization across all our offices and business units.
- Liaising with internal clients, outside legal counsel, colleagues and staff to manage legal risk, including contractual negotiations, local licensing and regulatory issues, outsourcing arrangements and compliance with relevant laws.
- Identifying and resolving issues relating to suitability of transactions and external clients, franchise protection and sound management of conflicts of interests
- Review of legal documentation such as Contracts/ Service Agreements with Clients and Sub-Contractors, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Inter-firm memos etc.
- Review of tenders issued by Clients, Proposals and Engagement Letters submitted to the Client.
- Recommend changes required in the above documentation from the legal and functional perspective and suggesting risk mitigating steps.
- Discussions with client/ client legal departments to negotiate contracts.
- Developing formats /templates for various types of Agreement.
- Resolving overall legal matters/issues.
- Ensure that cases/ litigations are managed well so that Company interests are protected.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and engage with external lawyers.
3) Skills and Experience :
- LLB/LLM with minimum 15 years of overall experience with a law firm & corporate.
Must have leadership level experience one of the top Indian conglomerates in the space of infrastructure, banking etc.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision, within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation.