Director at Hashtag HR
Views:2155 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Director - Legal - Cash Management Firm - LLB/LLM (15-20 yrs)
Our client is one of the largest Cash Management Companies in the world.
- Lead and drive the legal advisory function for the organization across all our offices and business units.
- Liaising with internal clients, outside legal counsel, colleagues and staff to manage legal risk, including contractual negotiations, local licensing and regulatory issues, outsourcing arrangements and compliance with relevant laws;
- Identifying and resolving issues relating to suitability of transactions and external clients, franchise protection and sound management of conflicts of interests;
- Review of legal documentation such as Contracts/ Service Agreements with Clients and Sub- Contractors, Non- Disclosure Agreement, Inter- firm memos etc.
- Review of tenders (Request for Proposals) issued by Clients, Proposals and Engagement Letters submitted to the Client.
- Recommend changes required in the above documentation from the legal and functional perspective, suggesting risk mitigating steps.
- Discussions with client/ client legal departments to negotiate contracts.
- Developing formats /templates for various types of Agreement
- Resolving overall legal matters/issues.
- Ensure that cases/litigations are managed well so that Company interests are protected.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and engage with external lawyers.
Experience and Background-
- LLB/ LLM with minimum 15 years of overall experience with a law firm & corporate.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision, within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.