Director at HuQuo Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1160 Applications:311 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - IT Infrastructure & Security Operations - KPO (13-15 yrs)
Experience Range : Minimum 13 years
- This is a senior role within IT, accountable for leading IT infrastructure and Security operations function . Director IT Infrastructure & Security operations is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure , IT Security and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise.
- This role reports to IT Head and has functional as well as line management responsibilities for Global IT Operations including IT Infrastructure , Security & Service delivery
- The person brings experience, knowledge, and future vision for transforming the I&O function including its strategy, operating model, product and service offerings and workforce. The role holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally sourced infrastructure and operations capabilities.
- As a key member of the senior IT leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring I&O strategy is fully aligned, positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value.
Key Responsibilities :
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the I&O organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget. Works with key stakeholders to measure and prioritize technical debt remediation.
- Supports the IT Head by implementing infrastructure solutions that align to the enterprise architecture framework and roadmap
- Manage Global IT Infrastructure & Security Service Operations to achieve maximum availability with minimal disruptions to our business with maximum efficiency
- Manage global end-user Service Desk through maximum end-user self-service and automation
- Management of partners and key technical functions like Cloud, Network and End User Computing
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business key stakeholders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Creates and aligns an I&O value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Drives alignment of I&O strategies to the organization's environmental, social and governance goals.
- Develops and controls the annual I&O budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan. Creates a culture of continuous cost optimization.
- Defines, develops, and manages a comprehensive and integrated IT Service Management (ITSM) landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines, and related toolsets. This includes delivery of a comprehensive IT asset management program.
- Collaborates with the Information Security Officer to ensure I&O contributes to, embraces, and applies security strategy.
- Operates a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by I&O teams. Supports periodic reviews by audit teams, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Develops and executes a strategy to improve awareness of the business value that the Infrastructure and Operations function provides, and continuously seeks to ensure alignment to customer needs.
- Designs and develops a strong and diverse I&O leadership team, together with a reporting structure for the function.
- Works collaboratively with direct reports to support their career progression, nurture their development and to help them realize their potential.
- Improves IT resilience by executing strategies that improve reliability, tolerability, and disaster recovery readiness.
- Keeps track of trends and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into I&O products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Champions I&O involvement in the organization's innovation efforts and encourages experimentation with new solutions to avail business opportunities.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of IT systems, working in close partnership with peers, and identifies where common approaches, solutions, and shared platforms provided by I&O could drive efficiency.
- Directs the development of an I&O sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure I&O can supply skilled resources to meet demand.
- Develops the maturity of I&O to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other IT and business areas (e.g., through Agile, DevOps, platform, and product approaches).
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements through a programmatic approach to continuous improvement which also measures impact and shares results.
- Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development and adoption of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Continuously evaluates the business value of I&O, including the use of metrics such as Key Performance Indicators, Outcome Driven Metrics and Objectives and Key Results.
- Collaborates with peer IT Leaders to ensure knowledge and insight can be freely shared.
Job Requirements :
Education & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 13 or more years of experience in IT or business/industry managing an international large-scale IT Operations ,Infrastructure & Security Teams
- 5 or more years of leadership responsibilities, including strategy, budgeting, and staffing
Skills & Experience :
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in complex environments where resources required for success may not be in direct control of this role
- Experience planning, deploying, and managing IT project / transition for Office Builds, Data Centres and Cloud
- Good knowledge of Server, Virtualization, Network, Cloud, Voice, Video, Audio/Visual and Wireless projects including experience with new office builds and IT infrastructure upgrades
- Evangelizing and implementing transformational initiatives where the target state included agile, DevOps, SRE, cloud adoption at scale.
- Consolidating operations capabilities in large, complex enterprise organizations to deliver improved efficiency, while balancing customer preferences for agility.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Ability to build consensus, make decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Self-starter who self-assesses and solicits feedback from others to improve their performance
- Experience developing strategies to leverage fusion teams that embrace business technologists
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Delivery of hybrid working excellence to improve customer and user experiences
- Developing staff including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Maximizing effectiveness of nearshore / offshore resource models
- Building cloud management solutions, including software applications support , integration, and ongoing engineering aspects.
- Creating self-service mechanisms to streamline infrastructure provisioning and ongoing management
- Applying AI / ML to solve large data challenges and / or to enhance the customer experience
- Budget planning and financial management, preferably with show back and/or chargeback models
- Supporting the shift from Capex to Opex with processes - e.g., those to comprehensively manage and optimize cloud costs in a collaborative fashion.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
- Applying I&O capabilities to achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Establishing and improving DevOps, as well as other working practices (e.g., ITIL).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic staffing plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Leading cloud adoption (at scale), including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects and modifying I&O's target operating model.
- Developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Third-party management, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers
Primary Contacts :
The role requires close collaboration with :
- Business unit executives (e.g., CFO, COO, CHRO, Capability Heads)
- Peers and other direct reports to the IT Head
- OEM's , Vendors , Sourcing and vendor management leads
- Enterprise audit , risk & program management office